Thread: Riyadh race thread

Insider

Riyadh race thread

Thanks to DirecTV and/or FS1, my DVR missed the first half of the race.
    Replay is on FS2 tomorrow 10 PM CST.
    Congrats to Antonio Felix Da Costa, Andretti, and BMW! The race has pretty good action, the new cars are much faster, and of course the mid-race car changes are gone. Jean-Eric Vergne actually got the brakes glowing as he chased Da Costa, not sure that happened much with the old car. As I surmised, the Attack Mode is gimmicky, but no more so than push to pass or DRS.

Blog Entries
    Thought it was entertaining. Impressed with the advancement of the cars. Dario ain't a bad TV talking head.
    "If you see you're gonna miss, grit your teeth."--Evel Knievel

Quote Originally Posted by AGRiculture View Post
    Thanks to DirecTV and/or FS1, my DVR missed the first half of the race.
    Replay is on FS2 tomorrow 10 PM CST.
    Congrats to Antonio Felix Da Costa, Andretti, and BMW! The race has pretty good action, the new cars are much faster, and of course the mid-race car changes are gone. Jean-Eric Vergne actually got the brakes glowing as he chased Da Costa, not sure that happened much with the old car. As I surmised, the Attack Mode is gimmicky, but no more so than push to pass or DRS.
    Theres a replay up on their Youtube channel if that's of any help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9DZ24Azy5E

Blog Entries
    Is that Andretti's first E-prix win?
    "I love Indianapolis. I love the people. I love everything about it....the tradition, the history." - Dan Wheldon

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Teej View Post
    Is that Andretti's first E-prix win?
    Indeed it is.

It looks like power usage wasn't close to being a factor. If I remember, they briefly showed remaining power with 4min. to go, and everyone was at 16-20%. I thought this should be more of a factor. Next race, 48min.+1? Regardless it's a massive performance jump.

I wonder how long they will race there....the crowd was sparse and there weren't a lot of grandstands in the first place.

I had my DVR set to record qualifying and I got some show about soccer players.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_clem View Post
    I had my DVR set to record qualifying and I got some show about soccer players.
    They had to delay qualifying by about a couple of hours due to rain.

Quote Originally Posted by LAindycarfan80 View Post
    I wonder how long they will race there....the crowd was sparse and there weren't a lot of grandstands in the first place.
    Ain't about ticket sales. Good possibility no one even paid to get in. There's bigger issues at hand that might cause them headaches, just sayin'.

Kart racer, Indyfan 1988- SteveK51's Avatar

Watched the Riyahd race last night on the DVR. Definitely made significant gains with the Gen 2 car. The Attack Mode is gimmicky but no different than push to pass, lucky dogs, etc. The cars still seem incredibly underpowered compared to their ICE counterparts. The circuits, which of course are dictated by the performance capabilities of the cars, are so tight and Micky Mouse that they are uninteresting. I will continue to watch as the locales are exotic and its the only open wheel game in town for the next few months but it still seems like golf cart racing. The lack of sound is a turn off for me. I would like to see them live and check them out in person.
    Counting down to my 32nd Greatest Spectacle in Racing, follow me on twitter @NDCar for photos, trivia and more about the Indianapolis 500.

Autosoft Dealer Management System - Highest rated Automotive DMS 2014, 2015, 2016 by Driving Sales. See what all the buzz is about - www.AutosoftDMS.com

I wonder if looking like rocket ships going away from you will bring back the folks who abandoned the series because they didn't make enough noise?

The cars and the racing was faster and better.

"Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
    I been feeling it since 1966, now..."