Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 257

Thread: PT cleared by NBC re:Facebook comment, will continue as TV analyst

  1. #61
    Insider GoFastNow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Carmel, IN
    Posts
    1,783
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha4Mary View Post
    ....Later on that day, our mutual friend sent me a screen shot of a message Paul sent him talking about how pissed IndyCar and NBC Sports was and for our friend to delete all of their "back and forths". Unfortunately this brought his name into their conversation which pissed him off and he has since unfriended me in the process, which sucks.
    As the "mutual friend", what pissed me off was screenshots of my PRIVATE Facebook page being plastered all over the media with my name clearly visible, and in turn forcing me to have to answer for behaviors not of my own. I lost out on a dream job because you couldn't take the conversation private, and decided to take on the role of an SJW in this situation. I unfriended you because I needed to trust the people on my Facebook page to maintain the "private" status of the page.

    Personally, I will take Paul Tracy over Scott Goodyear or Eddie any day of the year.
    Owner & Founder of Tellez Media and RacerSponsor
    @RacerSponsor
    RacerSponsor.com

  2. #62
    THIS *points up*

    I am way past tired of this notion that we all need to be "Socially Just" and not be "hurt" by something.

    I come to the 500 because, we stand for the Athem. We give thanks to those who serve. We go to carb day by skipping work to drink beer, watch cars and oogle eye at jiggly things, And we do unsafe things like race cars at 230mph (while some of us watch).

    Paul Tracy fits right into that. If Paul Tracy wants to give someone the verbal chrome horn. Then more power to them.
    Last edited by PaddockMoose; 12-28-2018 at 03:48 PM.
    Silly Season scorecard and Where are the Indy 500 winning cars! http://inrd.gotdns.com/indystuff/

  3. #63
    Is Bat Boy KevMcNJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    In a flagstand somewhere in the Carolinas
    Posts
    35,146
    FWIW, I see "private " conversations all the time.

    There's a lot of politics and back stabbery even in the lower levels of racing and I often see what this promoter or driver is saying about that promoter or driver or cat owner in saved screen caps of "private" conversations.

    I've learned the best way to avoid this is if you got something private to say to someone about someone else then use your phone as it was originally invented and call them up and talk to them.

    If you're texting or PM'ing in anything other than the most unimportant chat then it's best to assume others could see it.

    No need to leave a digital paper trail.
    Live like Dave

  4. #64
    Insider Chris Paff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Baltimore Maryland
    Posts
    17,392
    Quote Originally Posted by PaddockMoose View Post
    THIS *points up*

    I am way past tired of this notion that we all need to be "Socially Just" and not be "hurt" by something.

    I come to the 500 because, we stand for the Athem. We give thanks to those who serve. We go to carb day by skipping work to drink beer, watch cars and oogle eye at jiggly things, And we do unsafe things like race cars at 230mph (while some of us watch).

    Paul Tracey fits right into that. If Paul Tracey wants to give someone the verbal chrome horn. Then more power to them.
    Exactly, we need more of that then worrying about someone's hurt feelings
    "Paff has been closer to the mark than anyone will give him credit for."

    Richard Kimble 11/18/2010

    "Paff is far more right than any of you will EVER give him credit for.

    As non politically correct and un IndyCar friendly as it is, it's the truth. "

    SeeuInMay 12/29/2010

  5. #65
    Registered User 1987Carzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    205
    https://prowrestling.fandom.com/wiki/Paul_Tracey

    I'm not seeing the Chrome Horn among his signature moves, he must have added it after this page was created.

    EDIT- Most of the time I consider Paul Tracy to be insightful and informative on matters concerning Indycar racing, and the complete opposite on all other things.

  6. #66
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,688
    Sounds like someone didn't get enough hugs or had their 5th grade girlfriend stolen.

    Now, with the power of social media shaming....SOMEONE IS GOING TO PAY!!!
    kwetcherbetchen

  7. #67
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    83
    You don't get to tell someone what offends them. How would you feel if Paul had said what he did about your wife?

    Like it or not, Paul is a public figure who represents Indycar. People were offended by what was said and with that group of people, that reflects badly on Indycar and NBC.

    It's no different than if you cut someone off in traffic driving a car with your company logo on it. You may cost your company a customer. Paul may (and likely has) cost Indycar some fans.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Waiting for May View Post
    Sounds like someone didn't get enough hugs or had their 5th grade girlfriend stolen.

    Now, with the power of social media shaming....SOMEONE IS GOING TO PAY!!!
    He talked about gang raping my wife. It wasnt me getting my feelings hurt. It was me seeing a high profile representative of a sport I love treating fans like this. It was disgusting, uncalled for, and unbecoming of a sport trying to stay relevant in the 21st century and having enough.

  9. #69
    There is no substitute. Spike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Driving the point home
    Posts
    26,388
    Quote Originally Posted by PaddockMoose View Post
    I come to the 500 because, we stand for the Athem. We give thanks to those who serve.
    Is that the only reason you go? Can't the same be said for other events? This past year I went to several baseball and hockey games (and other events) where everyone stood and sang the anthem but I can't imagine that was a major factor in why all those people bought tickets.

    Quote Originally Posted by PaddockMoose View Post
    And we do unsafe things like race cars at 230mph (while some of us watch).
    And what, exactly, does that have to do with the topic at hand?

    Quote Originally Posted by PaddockMoose View Post
    Paul Tracey fits right into that. If Paul Tracey...
    Have you read this thread? How many times did you see the name Tracy?

    Quote Originally Posted by PaddockMoose View Post
    If Paul Tracey wants to give someone the verbal chrome horn. Then more power to them.
    More power to Paul Tracy or more power to the "them" that he is giving the chrome horn to?
    "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

  10. #70
    It's amazing how many people are angry because they can't just go through life treating people like garbage anymore.
    "Only a fool fights in a burning house."-Kang

    "If you listen to fools....The Maaahhhhb Ruuuules....."-Ronnie James Dio

  11. #71
    Registered User mcman7890's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,642
    Just an FYI, the Internet isn't private. Just because it's your Facebook/Twitter/Flickr/Instagram/GeoCities/whatever page, doesn't mean that if you say something that crosses a line, you shouldn't be held accountable for it. It's not like PT said "I hate your shirt" and got in trouble, he said that immigrants are going to come and rape someones wife. That's just a idiotically blind and dumb generalization of a statement that crossed that line.

    There seems to be a weird idea now-a-days that the First Amendment means you can say whatever you want and that you can't get in trouble for the things you say and that you're protected from all consequences from private organizations , when that isn't the case. He's said dumb stuff on here before and calmed that his account was hacked, he's posted semi-racial photos on Instagram and then calmed his Facebook was hacked after this.

    Two things are happening here, 1. He's actually posting these things and is a major idiot or 2. As a public figure he has no idea how to secure his social media profiles and is a major idiot.
    In the IZOD IndyCar series we're just kids enjoy the thrills in a 200 MPH candy store.

  12. #72
    Insider Grizzlor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,968
    As I said, I'm fairly sure PT wrote what was on FB. Fire him? Well, idk, I think he should have just apologized to Buddha and moved on. Let's not forget his social media awkwardness and futility actually began HERE on this forum several years ago, when he blew a sponsorship deal by talking about it prematurely. I don't think he meant any real malice towards Buddha, but I also don't think he's firing on all cylinders as they say. I think mistakes he may have made in the Wickens situation were far more detrimental to his job security. Hopefully he keeps it clean in 2019, but if not, I'm not going to protest. I enjoy his commentary, but there are others that could take his place if necessary.
    "If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

  13. #73
    Insider GoFastNow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Carmel, IN
    Posts
    1,783
    Quote Originally Posted by mcman7890 View Post
    Just an FYI, the Internet isn't private. Just because it's your Facebook/Twitter/Flickr/Instagram/GeoCities/whatever page, doesn't mean that if you say something that crosses a line, you shouldn't be held accountable for it.
    .
    well muddy the waters a bit why don't you.

    My FACEBOOK page is private. The SCREENSHOT of my private facebook page was taken, including my information, and dispensed to multiple media outlets. I didn't post the post that sparked the investigation. I am not saying whomever posted the statement shoudlnt be held responsible. I AM saying, that the irresponsibility of the SJW who took said screenshot and didn't remove my information, is the reason I unfriended them. My response was purely to his post. THAT is where a private facebook page comes into play. Not in the situation where whomever made the post should be held responsible.

  14. #74
    Registered User mcman7890's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,642
    Even if your profile is set the private it doesn't mean that you can restrict the usage of it. Right now there could be hundreds of other screenshots of your profile on someones PC and you have no idea. You own nothing on Facebook, you're just renting space on their servers. You control who can see your info, posts, friends etc, but don't think for a second that you're ever in control of what someone can do with that info once you allow them into your space.

    Facebook is not a good company when it comes to thinking your info is safe and secure, we're seeing that more and more this year.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by mcman7890 View Post
    Even if your profile is set the private it doesn't mean that you can restrict the usage of it. Right now there could be hundreds of other screenshots of your profile on someones PC and you have no idea. You own nothing on Facebook, you're just renting space on their servers. You control who can see your info, posts, friends etc, but don't think for a second that you're ever in control of what someone can do with that info once you allow them into your space.

    Facebook is not a good company when it comes to thinking your info is safe and secure, we're seeing that more and more this year.
    That pretty much sums up the internet....whatever you post online is basically on somebody else's private property. So it will probably come back to haunt you in some form in the future if somebody finds that it is of value to use against you.

  16. #76
    Insider Chris Paff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Baltimore Maryland
    Posts
    17,392
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Fury View Post
    It's amazing how many people are angry because they can't just go through life treating people like garbage anymore.
    It's more amazing people are so sensitive these days

  17. #77

  18. #78
    There is no substitute. Spike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Driving the point home
    Posts
    26,388
    Yep.

  19. #79
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    429
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha4Mary View Post
    He talked about gang raping my wife.
    Here is the point. Its not about Tracy's ideology, a border wall, the flag, the troops or whatever political football one may want to attach to it. A lead on-air personality for NBC's Indycar broadcasts did this to a customer of the series and Tracy's employer after being warned about his hostile social media interactions previously. If most people went on social media and alluded to violence against the family of a customer of their employer, they would be terminated immediately. Tracy is on his third or fourth chance, if he blows it again he either doesn't want or isn't smart enough to keep the job.

  20. #80
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Westfield, IN
    Posts
    891
    So after reading this thread, does anyone actually believe he was hacked? Wonder if anyone at NBCSN is listening.

  21. #81
    Registered User mcman7890's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,642
    Quote Originally Posted by Moid View Post
    So after reading this thread, does anyone actually believe he was hacked? Wonder if anyone at NBCSN is listening.
    **** no. He posted that himself, nobody is that bad with social media and technology to get hacked on two different platforms in 7 years and not realize it.

  22. #82
    I think he was just being an ass, and I think NBC realizes that. I don't think he should be fired. But maybe they should only pay him in hamburgers and hotdogs for a while.

  23. #83
    Insider Jim Wilke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Alaska. I thought I mentioned that.
    Posts
    75,665
    Blog Entries
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    Is that the only reason you go?
    I go to see girls in shorts and tight t-shirts. Not the only reason but it doesn't hurt.

  24. #84
    Outsider Glenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona
    Posts
    6,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Wilke View Post
    I go to see girls in shorts and tight t-shirts. Not the only reason but it doesn't hurt.
    Not seeing much of that right now in Alaska, are you?

  25. #85
    Outsider Glenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona
    Posts
    6,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Fury View Post
    I think he was just being an ass, and I think NBC realizes that. I don't think he should be fired. But maybe they should only pay him in hamburgers and hotdogs for a while.
    Best post of this thread!

  26. #86
    Insider Jim Wilke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Alaska. I thought I mentioned that.
    Posts
    75,665
    Blog Entries
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Not seeing much of that right now in Alaska, are you?
    Not in Alaska right now!


  27. #87
    Registered User m500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sugar Grove, Illinoize
    Posts
    554
    "one" of his facebook pages is back...

  28. #88
    Outsider Glenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona
    Posts
    6,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Wilke View Post
    Not in Alaska right now!

    Hawaii?

  29. #89
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Trackside
    Posts
    1,975
    Quote Originally Posted by GoFastNow View Post
    Personally, I will take Paul Tracy over Scott Goodyear or Eddie any day of the year.
    No doubt, but talk about low bars.

    How stupid are public figures though who say these sorts of things on social media? So many people have been burned for this sort of crap, but they just have to keep chiming in. It’s really moronic.

    Those comments by “PT” (lol - sure thing “PT”) were out of line, but on the flip side it’s really just hyperbole. Vile hyperbole, but still hyperbole. I don’t think it should have become a proverbial federal case, if you get into political internet debates, that’s the kind of thing you’re apt to see from dimwits on either side.

  30. #90
    Insider
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Noblesville, IN
    Posts
    941
    Quote Originally Posted by E Nasty View Post
    Here is the point. Its not about Tracy's ideology, a border wall, the flag, the troops or whatever political football one may want to attach to it. A lead on-air personality for NBC's Indycar broadcasts did this to a customer of the series and Tracy's employer after being warned about his hostile social media interactions previously. If most people went on social media and alluded to violence against the family of a customer of their employer, they would be terminated immediately. Tracy is on his third or fourth chance, if he blows it again he either doesn't want or isn't smart enough to keep the job.
    Well said!

    I liked him as a driver. I liked him as a tv commentator. But contrary to much of society's opinion today regarding famous people, that shouldn't excuse the fact that he seems to be a pretty hateful human being. I quit following him on Twitter because of his racist and bigoted posts. And I'm disappointed that he's on national tv representing IndyCar.
    Be a better driver, move right except to pass.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •