Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: PT cleared by NBC re:Facebook comment, will continue as TV analyst

Administratively Fooled DurwardKirby's Avatar
    Schooled with a strap right across my back
    Quote Originally Posted by neti1 View Post
    He's opposed to immigrants of certain ethnic origins.
    What do you base that upon?
    There's really no such thing as Gary the MÝÝse, Sybil.

Quote Originally Posted by happyscrappy-t View Post
    None of the people in my life that I was referring to advocate for anything violent, or resort to the level of suggesting that bad things should happen to anyone.

Using rude nicknames, making inflammatory comments based on appearance, intentionally repeating things that are obviously false, but make the other side look bad, ignoring known facts because it doesn't fit their agenda, ect. That is what I call BS.

I separate the game from the person I really know. I just ignore the BS, because I know it is mostly just that. They want to win the argument against anyone who will listen. I don't play.

I see it equally from the left and right, and do my best to ignore it all.

I try to bite my tongue and fingers around here when the racing political BS machines fire up. Sometimes I can't resist, but I have typed many witty responses that get canceled rather than posted.
    Thanks for clearing that up. In my callow youth I was an adherent of the mindset exemplified by the saying "Politics is BS", until I wised up.

So I wondered if you might be expressing similar sentiments, but I now I understand you were referring to certain kinds of BS behavior which happened to be politically related. Apart from childhood friends, I don't generally keep up friendships with people whose politics I find abhorrent, but I think it's equally valid to ignore those differences, if that's what works for you ...

Quote Originally Posted by doitagain View Post
    His past comments on the subject. And the fact that he's a Canadian immigrant, and is not opposed to his own presence in the US.

In a flagstand somewhere in the Carolinas
    Theres Mexicans who came here legally who are pissed off at the border jumpers too.

People who play by the rules tend to have little regard for those who don't.
    Live like Dave

+1000!

To me, what gets called "PC" is just basic politeness and consideration for others.

AFAICS, the term PC is used exclusively by those who resent the fact that there are consequences to acting like an a##hole in public.
    Nonsense, this is pc in a nutshell.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...uld-be-n953281

Quote Originally Posted by KevMcNJ View Post
    Theres Mexicans who came here legally who are pissed off at the border jumpers too.

It took my sister in law over $20,000, 10 years, and she had to marry my brother to become a legal citizen of this country. It was a proud moment for her when she stood and took the Pledge. She is a huge Trump supporter. Bigger than my Dad, a 78 year old marine. She gets mad, Trinidadian mad. I don't know what it would have taken to tick Bob Marley off, anybody that did, found a teddy bear stuck full of needles in their stocking. Get ready to take a cruise ship through Haiti. I ain't asking you, I'm telling you, that shtuff works.

Our trip to the Pig Man BBQ in Nags Head, The kid taking her order was still drunk and freshly stoned. She couldn't figure out how to put the BBq on the side /No bun. Can't do it without the bun,sorry. "You should try college, That's real HARRD!!"
    Last edited by Unzerdog; 01-01-2019 at 09:39 AM.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat" -Teddy Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    If you listen to Marshall Pruett podcast I referenced earlier, he pulled no punches and made it clear what he thought of some of Paul’s beliefs.
    Last edited by BADGER; 01-01-2019 at 09:51 PM.

His social media history. Even before our "exchange"

Mythbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Fury View Post
    It's amazing how many people are angry because they can't just go through life treating people like garbage anymore.
    Unless they're Californians? Anyway to the sentiment.
    There's more to it than somebody being puritanical about words.

You may write this off as simply requiring a thicker skin.

In other words, it's easy to dismiss such concerns as over-sensitivity when you're privileged enough to never (or rarely) be the target.
    Those are great points. And I give this a thumbs up, even though it will further entrench my (mis)perception with some around here. But, since those that did so decided based on their own issues or biases anyway...
    "Versions of a story that are more tidy, compact, and camera-ready should generally be viewed as historically suspect." - Jackson Landers

Quote Originally Posted by JThur1 View Post
    Unless they're Californians? Anyway to the sentiment.

Those are great points. And I give this a thumbs up, even though it will further entrench my (mis)perception with some around here. But, since those that did so decided based on their own issues or biases anyway...
    Actually, I've been impressed at the amount of push-back on TF against PT's sentiments. I expected more of the "LOL PC losers" kind of comment.

And it's nice to see that we can discuss this civilly, without the thread having to be sent to Siberia.

Quote Originally Posted by BADGER View Post
    If you listen to Marshall Pruett podcast I referenced earlier, he pulled no punches and made it clear what he thought of some of Paulís beliefs.
    To save other people time, it's MP Podcast #432 starting at 16:30
    https://marshallpruett.podbean.com/e...h-tony-kanaan/

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat00 View Post
    Good for MP! I had not listened to that episode yet, so I had missed that commentary. But good for MP for calling PT for what he has portrayed himself as.

*thanks for posting the link, btw.
    Be a better driver, move right except to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat00 View Post
    "That dark racist side of him....." So it's not secret in the paddock of what he really is. I hadn't heard this until now. Those 10 minutes spoke volumes about the man.

Blog Entries
    As humans I think it would be best to let God judge us not the next person.
    Happy New Year as we inch closer to the month of May.

Blog Entries
    Agreed. We're all better off worrying more about what God thinks of us than what we think of others.

Blog Entries
    Gods judgement comes far too late if at all to make a difference. I’ve got not problem with judging humans on their actions while they are still alive.

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by Pole Day View Post
    As humans I think it would be best to let God judge us not the next person.
    Quote Originally Posted by skypigeon View Post
    Agreed. We're all better off worrying more about what God thinks of us than what we think of others.
    What sad and ridiculous cop outs.

Quote Originally Posted by skypigeon View Post
    I can do both, and I actually try to focus when Iím on a jury.

I do agree with the sentiment, but at some point a buffoon who is in the public spotlight saying pretty awful crap will see the hammer drop. If this were a popular sport heíd be gone so fast because there would be an outcry from the outcriers. Itís not, so he slid. Simple as that.

Iím still OK with all that, heís good in the booth and provided a ton of entertainment in CART and beyond. And itís hyperbole. But it is a bit offensive when someone trots out a clearly unbelievable excuse, itís like calling everyone stupid, and that rubs me wrong.

Where is Barry Green? We need a thorough, high quality, unimpeachable investigation (that will be ignored) ASAP!

Blog Entries
    The sad truth is that Indy car isn't high enough on the ladder to warrant any attention. If Tracy was working NBA or any other sport with a higher profile, he'd have been fired immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Unzerdog View Post
    It took my sister in law over $20,000, 10 years, and she had to marry my brother to become a legal citizen of this country. It was a proud moment for her when she stood and took the Pledge. She is a huge Trump supporter. Bigger than my Dad, a 78 year old marine. She gets mad, Trinidadian mad. I don't know what it would have taken to tick Bob Marley off, anybody that did, found a teddy bear stuck full of needles in their stocking. Get ready to take a cruise ship through Haiti. I ain't asking you, I'm telling you, that shtuff works.

Our trip to the Pig Man BBQ in Nags Head, The kid taking her order was still drunk and freshly stoned. She couldn't figure out how to put the BBq on the side /No bun. Can't do it without the bun,sorry. "You should try college, That's real HARRD!!"

Sounds like she had a lot of issues if it took her 10 years and $20k...

I brought my wife over and DIY'd everything for about $3-4k for her to get a green card...

And citizenship can be applied for within about 4 years after continuous residence in the US with a green card.
    Last edited by ambig88; 01-02-2019 at 03:43 AM.

"I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    I'm on mobile... Text editing on this site is difficult on mobile.

I also want to add, that my wife and I are in favor of tougher immigration laws, but from going from 12 months to now a nearly 20 months to remove conditions is stupid. When my wife first applied to remove conditions, it was a 12 month waiting period... That was then pushed back to 18-20 months. As Trump's presidency dragged on, so did her removal of conditions...

Meanwhile nothing is done about anchor babies and people who abuse the immigration system, yet we need to spend billions on a wall to keep "boogymen" out. It's our legal Immigration system that's broken, not the illegal system.

Quote Originally Posted by ambig88 View Post
    Sounds like she had a lot of issues if it took her 10 years and $20k...

I brought my wife over and DIY'd everything for about $3-4k for her to get a green card...

And citizenship can be applied for within about 4 years after continuous residence in the US with a green card.
    You got a better deal than my brother did in 1999.

Blog Entries
    I find this an interesting debate. On one hand, I recall being disturbed by a news article reporting some low level employees of a company being fired because they had Obama 2012 stickers on their cars. They weren't fired because the owner feared negative consequences from the presence of those stickers, but because he was angry at the results of the 2012 election, and wanted to punish any employee who he believed might have contributed to that result.

The number of people being similarly ostracized for supporting the current POTUS is mindboggling and seemingly A-OK and even applauded by his critics. It does nothing but make his support stronger, even when some of his actions rightly deserve criticism and deeper examination.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMcNJ View Post

The two women that sit to either side of me (one Mexican and one Belarussian) are both very outspoken about illegal, undocumented or whatever pc term for immigrants and visitors we are going to use this week. Both spent years following the rules, waited their time, gained legal entry and eventually both became US citizens. They make no bones about what they think of people that don't do the same. The Mexican woman is the most vocal, to the extent that she has family members she has actually reported to ICE.
    The system is deliberately complex because it's designed to admit those that want to be Americans, not to just live here and take advantage of our society without integrating into it. Until the government can fully vet "refugees", the system isn't going to improve, and the globalist "open borders" philosophy is severely problematic in this country. Look at the backlash to these policies in Europe right now. It among other issues is bordering on collapsing the EU.

I'm a naturalized US citizen btw.

Quote Originally Posted by kuolkuol19 View Post
    He did not talk about
    He did not talk about gang raping your wife. He offered an ill advised hypothetical scenario based on some extreme opinion about illegal immigration. How it got twisted to your take on it is on you, and probably why he still has his job.
    BAYNGO
    Owner & Founder of Tellez Media and RacerSponsor
    @RacerSponsor
    RacerSponsor.com

In a flagstand somewhere in the Carolinas
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Red5 View Post
    The two women that sit to either side of me (one Mexican and one Belarussian) are both very outspoken about illegal, undocumented or whatever pc term for immigrants and visitors we are going to use this week.
    Illegal works for me.

A person can be against illegal immigration, and should be able to express those views without being a boorish oaf. PT is apparently incapable of doing that.