Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: PT cleared by NBC re:Facebook comment, will continue as TV analyst

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Red5 View Post
    The number of people being similarly ostracized for supporting the current POTUS is mindboggling and seemingly A-OK and even applauded by his critics.
    Can you give us an idea of what that number is and the source?

Administratively Fooled DurwardKirby's Avatar
    Schooled with a strap right across my back
    Quote Originally Posted by uh_clem View Post
    Can you give us an idea of what that number is and the source?
    Not in this forum, please. Political discussions should be posted here:

Forum:*Heywood's Current Events Forum with Truth Detector and Friends

Non-racing: intelligently expressed & reasonably supported discussion and debate of current events, politics and issues in the news. Note: this is not a "bash the other guys" forum.

http://www.trackforum.com/forums/for...or-and-Friends

PM me if you'd like access to it.

Thanks.
    There's really no such thing as Gary the Møøse, Sybil.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 1987Carzan View Post
    A person can be against illegal immigration, and should be able to express those views without being a boorish oaf. PT is apparently incapable of doing that.
    It's been his personality since he was a teen ager. I wouldn't expect any change in that at this point.

A person can be against illegal immigration, and should be able to express those views without being a boorish oaf. PT is apparently incapable of doing that.
    Even if he was in favor of illegal immigration, he'd still be a boorish oaf.

Quote Originally Posted by Unzerdog View Post
    You got a better deal than my brother did in 1999.
    It's gotten more expensive and harder in recent years, not cheaper and easier.

20k is in the realm of either being ripped off by a lawyer or there were complications surrounding their relationship or her status prior to marriage or something significant happened prior to citizenship (like an arrest).

For straight forward cases, lawyers aren't much help and they charge flat fees for the applications.

Just saying, $20k would include a lot of lawyering, even today. You may be right about her political stances, but either you're withholding info to present a slanted view, you're missing a lot of information or there is some exaggeration happening.

I've also seen $20k+ for mail order bride too, which they themselves are huge loopholes and abuses of our immigration system and are borderline human trafficking.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat00 View Post
    Even if he was in favor of illegal immigration, he'd still be a boorish oaf.
    He's always been that way. I think in 1997 he took himself out at Long Beach while trying to take out Vasser (may have been Toronto).

But when your in a public role that's highly PR related, actions off the screen reflect on your employer. It's the same for racing, but teams are willing to put up with an "outspoken" driver different they're fast. Just see what Joe Gibbs as put up with for Tony Stewart and later Kyle Busch.

Quote Originally Posted by ambig88 View Post
    I'm on mobile... Text editing on this site is difficult
    We're working on that

Quote Originally Posted by ambig88
    Meanwhile nothing is done about anchor babies and people who abuse the immigration system, yet we need to spend billions on a wall to keep "boogymen" out. It's our legal Immigration system that's broken, not the illegal system.
    There is at least some pending and past legislation that would address it. Without getting too partisonally political, hopefully it will get passed in the near future

Quote Originally Posted by doitagain View Post
    There is at least some pending and past legislation that would address it. Without getting too partisonally political, hopefully it will get passed in the near future
    Unfortunately the same can be said about damn near every issue anymore. Almost nothing is looked at as a universal problem that can be solved together. It turns into a tribal showdown that leads to issues like the one that started this thread in the very first place. Partially because people are strong in their beliefs and now there are so many media outlets that it's easier to find one that's tailored to your beliefs alone. And unfortunately almost all of us can count ourselves guilty for consuming such media. And partially because some people like to use that issue as a means to be horrible to others. It's a damn shame

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha4Mary View Post
    Unfortunately the same can be said about damn near every issue anymore... It's a damn shame
    Think of it as a perennial learning opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by lotuspoweredbyford View Post
    And my ignore list is getting a lot longer.
    Mine too, but this statement is usually deleted by the moderator....

Unfortunately the same can be said about damn near every issue anymore. Almost nothing is looked at as a universal problem that can be solved together.
    Last month even this government passed bipartisan legislation on both the Farm bill and a Prison Reform bill. You'll probably see progress on infrastructure too, next After all, it's been Infrastructure Week for 16 months now

How's that for rosy optometrism? [sic] . John Conlee would be proud.

Quote Originally Posted by lotuspoweredbyford View Post
    A lot of this thread is an embarrassment, with the only good part being who, and what is being exposed.

And my ignore list is getting a lot longer.
    Probably should be closed. While it's a reasonable topic, I don't see the point of arguing over PT's supposed political beliefs nor whether someone's private messages were shared in public. Neither really make any difference in the grand scheme. The question here was whether PT acted unprofessionally in "telling a fan off" in the matter in which he did, only to say he was "hacked," and whether he belongs on NBC coverage for doing so? That question has been overtaken by the other muck. As I said days ago, had they fired him, I certainly wasn't going to dispute that. PT cannot be out there on social media essentially cursing people out.
    "If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

So does Tracy have a contract with NBC for 2019?

Yes for now.
    RIP Justin! WWJCD

Did you read the first post of this thread?
    "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    Did you read the first post of this thread?
    Or the name of this thread
    World's biggest Ryan Hunter-Reay fan!

When not discussing opinions, I try my best to only post facts, if I post something factually incorrect please correct me with a source (if possible)

Just saying, but for those of you saying "how does someone get hacked twice"

https://twitter.com/EmmaDaviesDixon/...09137441189894
    Owner & Founder of Tellez Media and RacerSponsor
    @RacerSponsor
    RacerSponsor.com

In a flagstand somewhere in the Carolinas
    Quote Originally Posted by GoFastNow View Post

I don't know how these things work but if youre on Facebook you often get friend requests from people youre already friends with which is followed one day later by your friend saying don't accept the friend request because their account had been hacked

Does this mean PT really did have his Twitter hacked? Maybe? I don't know.

FWIW, I just googled "Twitter Hacked" and it is a Thing.

So as they used to say on Mythbusters, plausible.
    Live like Dave

Someone hacked her password and deleted her photos to try and take over her page. That's a lot different then posting racist things on Facebook or spewing conspiracy theories on here then claiming he was hacked. That's like comparing rear ending someone because they suddenly stopped vs. rear ending someone because you were on your phone.
    In the IZOD IndyCar series we're just kids enjoy the thrills in a 200 MPH candy store.

+1
    I'd rather have 10% of the world interested in the ICS than 50% of US that NASCAR currently has

In a flagstand somewhere in the Carolinas
    Quote Originally Posted by mcman7890 View Post
    Someone hacked her password and deleted her photos to try and take over her page. That's a lot different then posting racist things on Facebook or spewing conspiracy theories on here then claiming he was hacked. That's like comparing rear ending someone because they suddenly stopped vs. rear ending someone because you were on your phone.
    I don't know.

If you really want to ruin someone online wouldn't posting horrible things on their home page be a good way to do so?

I mean IF someone has a password that is easily hacked you could post anything you wanted to.

Not saying that is what happened. Just saying it could happen.

Im undecided about what he did or did not post.

Quote Originally Posted by mcman7890 View Post
    According to many TF experts social media can't be hacked so I am going to assume Emma is deleting her own photos and other content.

Quote Originally Posted by Buellboy View Post
    According to many TF experts social media can't be hacked so I am going to assume Emma is deleting her own photos and other content.
    Exactly......

Exactly......
    Wait so were all of those Paul Tracy posts on your private (unless you count over 1000 friends including many in the ICS community) facebook page ALLLLL the work of a hacker? I only got that pissed enough to further expose the man over the one post that crossed the line with me after he refused to walk it back or at least apologize. But for over a year, all of those flaming posts was from totally a fake Paul Tracy??? Perhaps you should have done something about it sooner.
    Last edited by Buddha4Mary; 01-04-2019 at 04:32 PM.

Wait so were all of those Paul Tracy posts on your private (unless you count over 1000 friends including many in the ICS community) facebook page ALLLLL the work of a hacker? I only got that pissed enough to further expose the man over the one post that crossed the line with me after he refused to walk it back or at least apologize. But for over a year, all of those flaming posts was from totally a fake Paul Tracy??? Perhaps you should have done something about it sooner.
    I knew for months I was not talking to PT. Perhaps I should have done something sooner? Why? Because you can't go to the source? I was perfectly fine with trolling about PT and Trump.

I knew for months I was not talking to PT. Perhaps I should have done something sooner? Why? Because you can't go to the source? I was perfectly fine with trolling about PT and Trump.
    So it was a fake Paul Tracy who reached out to you after his bosses contacted him but before the news story broke asking you to delete all of your back and forths? And why would you keep an apparently fake PT as a friend? And you say I alone cost you your dream job.... but remember that someone within IndyCar saw the whole thread without my help. Maybe having non stop social media squabbles with jerks like PT wouldnt help either.

And another thing... I wasnt craving the attention... regardless of what you had to say in the other thread. I didn't even want to speak to the Star about it. Partially because i had (misplaced) faith that IndyCar and NBC would properly handle it and partially because I didnt want my name and my name alone out there talking about it. But Paul was quick to reach out and tell them that he was hacked... or it was a fake account... or someone hacked his fake account.... I dont even know at this point... but at that point I had to talk. I am genuinely sorry that you got caught in the middle of this.... I am. But as much as I tried to keep your name out of it, you were just as tenacious to throw me under the bus. I made my case on why I did what I did in the post before. I am sorry that this came at the cost of our comradery over a sport we both love.

What is sillier? He was hacked or shared social media with a group of hysterical middle school girls.

Yeah, this is heating up. I'mma get me some popcorn cookin'.

Quote Originally Posted by kuolkuol19 View Post
    What is sillier? He was hacked or shared social media with a group of hysterical middle school girls.
    That there was a fake Paul Tracy posting all along takes the comedy to a new level. A fake Paul Tracy who acts suspiciously like the real Paul Tracy, it’s like an episode of Three’s Company except Three’s Company was pretty funny and more believable (and Chrissy was smoking hot).

So it was a fake Paul Tracy who reached out to you after his bosses contacted him but before the news story broke asking you to delete all of your back and forths? And why would you keep an apparently fake PT as a friend? And you say I alone cost you your dream job.... but remember that someone within IndyCar saw the whole thread without my help. Maybe having non stop social media squabbles with jerks like PT wouldnt help either.

And another thing... I wasnt craving the attention... regardless of what you had to say in the other thread. I didn't even want to speak to the Star about it. Partially because i had (misplaced) faith that IndyCar and NBC would properly handle it and partially because I didnt want my name and my name alone out there talking about it. But Paul was quick to reach out and tell them that he was hacked... or it was a fake account... or someone hacked his fake account.... I dont even know at this point... but at that point I had to talk. I am genuinely sorry that you got caught in the middle of this.... I am. But as much as I tried to keep your name out of it, you were just as tenacious to throw me under the bus. I made my case on why I did what I did in the post before. I am sorry that this came at the cost of our comradery over a sport we both love.
    throw you under the bus? Lmfao. Ok Chris. Best of luck with the baby. Have a nice life.