1 2.94%

0 0%
  • +20

1 2.94%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Clemson versus Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by MoparsRule View Post
    Their rapper guy was horrific.
    Just my opinion but...Lil Wayne....Lil talent.
    BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Insider
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rodneyh View Post
    This is where I give Clemson a lot of due. Granted, of all the perennial powers they might have the easiest path to the Playoff based on the Top to Bottom depth of Conference games. I'd give the nod to the Big 12 over ACC due to the 9th Conference game.

Yes, they'll have the one FCS like the SEC does, but unlike most everyone else and just give me one tough out-of-conference game, maximize home games per year, etc, they've stuck with the South Carolina rivalry and STILL try to schedule another marquee game.

So while Alabama has that vaunted Duke game next Season, besides South Carolina, Clemson is on the back half of a home/away series with Texas A&M. Had one with Auburn a couple years ago. Have one with Georgia lined up in the coming years while all still playing South Carolina every season.
    Michigan could've kept Arkansas when they got Notre Dame back, but they didn't. The funny thing is messing with the Football Gods, Michigan should've cancelled Army next year and left Arkansas ON the schedule.
    They chickened out and dropped VaTech with Washington already on the schedule.

Kind of like USC always having Notre Dame and STILL schedules the likes of Texas, Alabama, Ohio St, etc in the past.
    Clemson and Georgia used to play regularly.
    quote:
    "It is sad that open-wheel racing has become a buy a ride situation, but it is what it is."

Insider
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by comfortably numb View Post
    Western Carolina...There outta be a law---for all FBS schools...
    I don't like that game either, but it will pay for a lot of Western Carolina players' scholarships.

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by BretEarl View Post
    It has been said and it has been inferred by others. No I wont search for the crap.
    As one of the people who's dogged you a few times about Saban, I can say I've never said he can't coach and I don't recall anyone in any of those conversations saying that. It may have, but I typically follow the college threads and I can't remember it happening. I'm thinking that may have been what was inferred when someone didn't like him or didn't give Alabama the expected kudos, but it is possible it has.
    Eff LBD!

Insider
    So in the end, Dabo Sweeney didn't know where he was in California, but the crowd atmosphere at the Game was great and the location was at least touching for a few Clemson fans who go way back,

This was the lowest rated "College Football Playoff" Championship Game ever. Just goes to show you, having clearly the two best teams doesn't hold ratings when they're the same every year.Speaking of recruiting and Saban, one thing to keep an eye on as far as coaches moving around, Alabama is losing their OL coach Brent Key. He is considered as one of the better recruiters in the Country. While the Harbaughs and Sabans make the grand entrances from time to time, it's really the lower guys who do the key work to stay in contact with recruits on a weekly, sometimes daily basis and gets them to favor the school. The other one is Alabama DC Tosh Lupoi. Why was he promoted to DC and Saban has to hold his hand calling the Defense, Alabama looked awful against Clemson, well he is considered The Best Recruiter in the Country so Saban needs him. He famously got Keenan Allen to decommit from Alabama and go to Cal. He brought Tua, Najee Harris, Jaylen Waddle, a ton of other 5 stars to Bama. Now, of course Alabama still will get a bunch of those without LuPoi, but not all of them, especially West Coasters like Harris and Tua. Colorado has interest in him as Head Coach. Of course, it's 97% for what he does outside the Stadium

Last edited by rodneyh; 01-10-2019 at 03:20 PM.

This picture always comes to mind when I read posts of people bashing just about any music that isn't at least 25 years old....

It's too bad that Foghat and The Doobie Brothers weren't available.

I thought the announcers were excellent. Way better that Aikman/Buck. But then who isn't?
    “Church supper with grandma and granddad, lets go out and have ourselves the best time we ever had" - John Mellencamp

Does this poll have a winner?

...and proud of it. comfortably numb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Post 61
    "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
    ~~Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by MoparsRule View Post
    Does this poll have a winner?
    Quote Originally Posted by comfortably numb View Post
    Post 61
    Nope. There have been many posts in this thread that were more insightful than Post #61.

"Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
    I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Capua View Post
    Nope. There have been many posts in this thread that were more insightful than Post #61.
    Quit picking on Numb. He’s a good egg.

...and proud of it. comfortably numb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kuolkuol19 View Post
    Quit picking on Numb. He’s a good egg.
    Don't worry about me----I have a voodoo doll of Frank----with his trousers around his ankles.

I only wear trousers when somebody dies.

Very touching speech by Dabo at the White House, esp. when he read Tyler Trent's letter.
    It's hard to be cool when your dad is Goofy.

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by rodneyh View Post
    Speaking of recruiting and Saban, one thing to keep an eye on as far as coaches moving around, Alabama is losing their OL coach Brent Key. He is considered as one of the better recruiters in the Country. While the Harbaughs and Sabans make the grand entrances from time to time, it's really the lower guys who do the key work to stay in contact with recruits on a weekly, sometimes daily basis and gets them to favor the school. The other one is Alabama DC Tosh Lupoi. Why was he promoted to DC and Saban has to hold his hand calling the Defense, Alabama looked awful against Clemson, well he is considered The Best Recruiter in the Country so Saban needs him. He famously got Keenan Allen to decommit from Alabama and go to Cal. He brought Tua, Najee Harris, Jaylen Waddle, a ton of other 5 stars to Bama. Now, of course Alabama still will get a bunch of those without LuPoi, but not all of them, especially West Coasters like Harris and Tua. Colorado has interest in him as Head Coach. Of course, it's 97% for what he does outside the Stadium​
    Lupoi is done with High School recruiting, he's taken a job with the Browns.

These are the people left on Saban's staff from last Season,

• 2017-2018 tight ends coach Joe Pannunzio
    • 2018 co-DC Pete Golding
    • 2018 ST coordinator Jeff Banks
    • 2018 DL coach Craig Kuligowski
    • 2018 DB coach Karl Scott
    • Analyst Butch Jones, former Tennessee head coach, is also around, though without an official staff title at the moment.