Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NBCSN Coverage of The Rolex 24

In a flagstand somewhere in the Carolinas
    30 seconds? Id miss an entire fuel run for that
    Live like Dave

Dirt biker/carp hunter Stick500's Avatar
    I just watched the first couple of minutes of last year's 500 pre-race show because I remember at the time how incredibly lame I thought it was.

I was right. Nicole Briscoe literally spends the first couple of minutes on air talking about and showing us the non-racing celebs that are there and will be singing, waving the flag, and driving the pace car, etc. before she finally mentions a race car driver. Uuuuughhh.

I am expecting much better from NBC.
    "Charging a man with murder here was like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500."- Capt. Willard, Apocolypse Now
    "Ain't nuthin' like [being with a woman], 'cept maybe the Indy 500."- Bunny, Platoon
    "To alcohol! The cause of- and solution to- all of life's problems."- Homer J. Simpson

Blog Entries
    Race coverage was generally very good.

R Wood was FF button material.
    "George Bignotti's Sinmast Wildcat (Designed by Bob Riley); delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Stick500 View Post
    I just watched the first couple of minutes of last year's 500 pre-race show because I remember at the time how incredibly lame I thought it was.

I was right. Nicole Briscoe literally spends the first couple of minutes on air talking about and showing us the non-racing celebs that are there and will be singing, waving the flag, and driving the pace car, etc. before she finally mentions a race car driver. Uuuuughhh.

I am expecting much better from NBC.
    ABC mailed it in last year for sure
    "Paff has been closer to the mark than anyone will give him credit for."

Richard Kimble 11/18/2010

"Paff is far more right than any of you will EVER give him credit for.

As non politically correct and un IndyCar friendly as it is, it's the truth. "

SeeuInMay 12/29/2010

For those wondering we will definitely see Rutledge Wood. Its media day for Indycar at COTA and IC's Instagram story just showed him and Rossi goofing around in some green screen photos. Methinks we see him at St. Pete and onwards until NBC picks up their portion of the Cup schedule in July.
    I'd rather have 10% of the world interested in the ICS than 50% of US that NASCAR currently has

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyZ1 View Post
    For those wondering we will definitely see Rutledge Wood. ......
    Rutledge Wood makes Darrell Waltrip look like Paul Page or Ken Squier.

Definitly going to be featured at the Indy 500. Just showed him holding a long lollypop? hanging with TK