Thread: Indy 500 ticket sales going along well, suites sold out

Indy 500 ticket sales going along well, suites sold out

I'd rather have 10% of the world interested in the ICS than 50% of US that NASCAR currently has

Excellent news. 2018 looked like a very solid crowd and from my point of view was up from 2017 and 2017 was up from 2015. Since 2013 (in my opinion the lowest I've seen) the attendance has gone up each year. I won't get into the actual number of spectators argument, but I commend Doug Boles and his IMS Ticket Sales team for the work they've done. I look forward to another year from up in Paddock Penthouse.

I hope that this trend keeps up and we someday get back to 2016 level attendance each year, but progress is to be celebrated.
    World's biggest Ryan Hunter-Reay fan!

When not discussing opinions, I try my best to only post facts, if I post something factually incorrect please correct me with a source (if possible)

Good news
    "Paff has been closer to the mark than anyone will give him credit for."

Richard Kimble 11/18/2010

"Paff is far more right than any of you will EVER give him credit for.

As non politically correct and un IndyCar friendly as it is, it's the truth. "

SeeuInMay 12/29/2010

Quote Originally Posted by RHRfan#1 View Post
    Excellent news. 2018 looked like a very solid crowd and from my point of view was up from 2017 and 2017 was up from 2015. Since 2013 (in my opinion the lowest I've seen) the attendance has gone up each year. I won't get into the actual number of spectators argument, but I commend Doug Boles and his IMS Ticket Sales team for the work they've done. I look forward to another year from up in Paddock Penthouse.

I hope that this trend keeps up and we someday get back to 2016 level attendance each year, but progress is to be celebrated.
    They've done a really nice job promoting the race over the past several years. I think Boles is a great guy to have in charge: he knows what he's doing, but he's also a fan.
    Real drivers don't need fenders!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelican Joe View Post
    They've done a really nice job promoting the race over the past several years. I think Boles is a great guy to have in charge: he knows what he's doing, but he's also a fan.
    It never hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelican Joe View Post
    Yes, he has been great.