Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Significant" Firestone announcement on 2/6

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Red5 View Post
    IIRC, wasn't the racing tire operation producing Indycar tires the only thing left in their former HQ facility in Akron? They built the new technology center after HQ moved to Nashville.
    I believe this is correct based on an article in Ohio.com today

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    I don't recall anyone saying any such thing. I do recall seeing a very few posts about a rumor that said after the 100th running of the 500 the H-G family would sell the speedway (and the series); something quite different from what you're suggesting.

Groundwork.

Given all that continued success, when would you predict the series will finally become profitable?
    How do you know they are not profitable?

And you are wrong, as usual, I guess that's what you're "driving home".

Quote Originally Posted by Larrymgs View Post

And you are wrong, as usual, I guess that's what you're "driving home".
    Backing your post up with a source, but granted it is from 2016 so there might be a newer source.

http://www.espn.com/racing/indycar/s...days-lie-ahead

Mark Miles, who has held a number of high-profile sports business roles in Indianapolis, was hired in 2012 to improve Hulman Motorsports' bottom line, and he has succeeded in that regard. IndyCar, after operating at a loss for more than a decade, now generates a small profit, while the number of people who stream through the gates at IMS has increased substantially over the past couple of years
    World's biggest Ryan Hunter-Reay fan!

When not discussing opinions, I try my best to only post facts, if I post something factually incorrect please correct me with a source (if possible)

In 2017 Mark Miles was interviewed by Forbes. When the interviewer asked if the Indycar series was profitable, Mark Miles, without hesitation, said that it was not. He went on to say that he thought the series might be profitable in 2018.

Here's the link to the video on the Forbes site: https://www.forbes.com/video/4823576464001/. Go to the three minute mark.

And you are wrong, as usual...
    About what? And, when you say I'm wrong, can you prove it?
    "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Blog Entries
    Good news. It just seemed like yesterday that Firestone was thinking of leaving Indycar. For them to sign a 5-year extension is a positive sign for the series.
    "The only good horsepower is usable horsepower.."