Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 57

Thread: Indy 500 Entry List

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    181
    Blog Entries
    1

    Indy 500 Entry List

    Confirmed/Likely: 33

    2- Josef Newgarden
    3- Helio Castroneves
    4- Matheus Leist
    5- James Hinchcliffe
    7- Marcus Ericsson
    8- Patricio O'Ward
    9- Scott Dixon
    10- Felix Rosenqvist
    12- Will Power
    14- Tony Kanaan
    15- Graham Rahal
    18- Sebastien Bourdais
    19- Santino Ferrucci
    20- Ed Carpenter
    21- Spencer Pigot
    22- Simon Pagenaud
    23- Charlie Kimball
    24- Dreyer & Reinbold Racing
    25- Conor Daly
    26- Zach Veach
    27- Alexander Rossi
    28- Ryan Hunter Reay
    29- Fernando Alonso
    30- Takuma Sato
    32- Juncos Racing
    42- Jordan King
    59- Max Chilton
    60- Jack Harvey
    64- Ed Jones
    81- Ben Hanley
    88- Colton Herta
    98- Marco Andretti
    TBA- Juncos Racing #2

    Possible/Likely: 7

    TBA- Schmidt Peterson #3
    TBA- Foyt #3
    TBA- Carlin #3
    TBA- Dreyer & Reinbold #2
    TBA- McLaren #2
    TBA- Coyne #3
    TBA- Coyne #4
    Last edited by EricW89; 02-02-2019 at 11:48 PM.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Left coast
    Posts
    3,002
    Under TBA - Foyt #3, not 2.

  3. #3
    Are we really looking at 38 possible entries this far out? I’m loving this!

  4. #4
    Insider Grizzlor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,966
    Miller has been saying perhaps 40, but conservative count is 37.
    "If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

  5. #5
    never was wannabe debdrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    too far gone
    Posts
    9,256
    Possible one (or more) of Ganassi's Nascar drivers talks him into letting them do the double?
    I'm from a place called the internet. Nothing disturbs me.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Left coast
    Posts
    3,002
    We've been here before, I doubt 37. For sure not 40.

  7. #7
    I’ll set the line at 35.5. What are you taking?

  8. #8
    Registered User dwaldrep51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    my Indiana home
    Posts
    2,992
    Surprised that Coyne #3 isn't on the list

  9. #9
    Registered User dwaldrep51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    my Indiana home
    Posts
    2,992
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy499 View Post
    I’ll set the line at 35.5. What are you taking?
    Over

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    181
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by dwaldrep51 View Post
    Surprised that Coyne #3 isn't on the list
    Updated. Thank you.

  11. #11
    Uncle Bobby? slompappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    snake pit
    Posts
    4,156
    Blog Entries
    9
    40 would be so much fun
    "I wasn't going to finish 2nd today...2nd was not in the cards...I was either going to win or i was not going to finish at all..." Eddie Cheever-Victory Lane,Indianapolis Motor Speedway 1998

  12. #12

    engine allotments Chevy versus Honda ?

    Is it possible for Honda or Chevy to support 20 plus engines
    Quote Originally Posted by EricW89 View Post
    Confirmed/Likely: 33

    2- Josef Newgarden
    3- Helio Castroneves
    4- Matheus Leist
    5- James Hinchcliffe
    7- Marcus Ericsson
    8- Patricio O'Ward
    9- Scott Dixon
    10- Felix Rosenqvist
    12- Will Power
    14- Tony Kanaan
    15- Graham Rahal
    18- Sebastien Bourdais
    19- Santino Ferrucci
    20- Ed Carpenter
    21- Spencer Pigot
    22- Simon Pagenaud
    23- Charlie Kimball
    24- Dreyer & Reinbold Racing
    25- Conor Daly
    26- Zach Veach
    27- Alexander Rossi
    28- Ryan Hunter Reay
    29- Fernando Alonso
    30- Takuma Sato
    32- Juncos Racing
    42- Jordan King
    59- Max Chilton
    60- Jack Harvey
    64- Ed Jones
    81- Ben Hanley
    88- Colton Herta
    98- Marco Andretti
    TBA- Juncos Racing #2

    Possible/Likely: 7

    TBA- Schmidt Peterson #3
    TBA- Foyt #3
    TBA- Carlin #3
    TBA- Dreyer & Reinbold #2
    TBA- McLaren #2
    TBA- Coyne #3
    TBA- Coyne #4

  13. #13
    Indy is my life Larrymgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Monroe, NC
    Posts
    3,317
    I'm all for it. And whatever big dog(s) have the most miserable weekend, either making it in or not making it will be great. It's nice to see that component return. It's Russian roulette and no team is immune. That's the way it should be.

  14. #14
    Indy is my life Larrymgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Monroe, NC
    Posts
    3,317
    Quote Originally Posted by raschu75 View Post
    Is it possible for Honda or Chevy to support 20 plus engines
    You would think that both manufacturers by now would have 20 plus blocks and extra parts after all these years of servicing IndyCar.

  15. #15
    illegal user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,974
    Blog Entries
    1
    Wow, this is a great list. Subscribed to this RACING thread on OWLXXXIII weekend.
    No signature required

  16. #16
    Insider Grizzlor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,966
    Honda is likely a max of 20, just simply given the teams/cars they have under their umbrella. 17 confirmed entries for them, with possible car rentals from SPM and two for Coyne. I think for sure 2 of 3 happen.

    Chevy is at 15 confirmed at the moment, as I would even say Karam/DRR and Kaiser/Juncos arrangements are all but given. Their teams could have as many as 5 additionals, with 2nd's for DRR and McLaren probably being worked on as we speak, along with rentals from Foyt, Carlin, and Juncos. I'll say 3 of these happen for sure, at least.

    So that's where I get 37. As I said, I feel like SPM/McLaren/DRR plus cars are more than just rentals, and you will have drivers/backers highly interested. Juncos balked at a 2nd car last year, and I would be shocked if that changes this year, and frankly, I don't see a 3rd Carlin, not with both teams having to scrap together budgets on full-time entries as it is. But you never know. I would expect the Byrd/Belardi group to look at renting one of the entries again, with Pippa Mann I assume back for DCR? Here's the thing, the price tag on these entries keeps going up, over 7-figures it seems. However, what are you getting often? A road course car with the speedway kit slapped on, likely 2 MPH down just on that.

  17. #17
    1- Scott Dixon

  18. #18
    Hey, how about an additional entry, not from Dale Coyne but from Vasser-Sullivan Racing? Some time ago I read an article about VSR bought their own chassis.
    Nastalgia & headache.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Larrymgs View Post
    You would think that both manufacturers by now would have 20 plus blocks and extra parts after all these years of servicing IndyCar.
    They need a dedicated engineer for each entry, not just parts.

  20. #20
    Registered User racer0053's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado/ Indiana in May
    Posts
    250
    One of the best threads of the year!

  21. #21
    Indy is my life Larrymgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Monroe, NC
    Posts
    3,317
    Quote Originally Posted by Somberlain56 View Post
    They need a dedicated engineer for each entry, not just parts.
    I knew that. These are big boys, I'm sure that could be figured out and it likely is at this moment.

  22. #22
    never was wannabe debdrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    too far gone
    Posts
    9,256
    This is setting up to be great. Which means it will rain out qualifications and screw everything up.

  23. #23
    Registered User dwaldrep51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    my Indiana home
    Posts
    2,992
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenWheelBill View Post
    1- Scott Dixon
    Dixon is running Car 9 this year

  24. #24
    Insider Grizzlor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,966
    Quote Originally Posted by debdrake View Post
    This is setting up to be great. Which means it will rain out qualifications and screw everything up.
    You mean like last year? The current format is simply not sufficient with close to 40 entries, not with the Top 9 still available. Can't get track time.

  25. #25
    Outsider Glenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona
    Posts
    6,422
    You have Alonso in number 29. Isn't that an Andretti number?

  26. #26
    Insider Grizzlor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,966
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    You have Alonso in number 29. Isn't that an Andretti number?
    They haven't announced which number they are running this year.

  27. #27
    never was wannabe debdrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    too far gone
    Posts
    9,256
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlor View Post
    You mean like last year? The current format is simply not sufficient with close to 40 entries, not with the Top 9 still available. Can't get track time.
    Precisely. Only worse, if we really do have 40 cars, or close to it. Ideally, they should have two weekends of qualifications like in the "old" days, but at the very least, they need to dump the ridiculous fast nine/everybody re-qualifies Sunday format and simply set pole Saturday, fill the field Sunday. 40 cars (or anything approaching it) is "drama" enough.

  28. #28
    Insider Grizzlor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    17,966
    Quote Originally Posted by debdrake View Post
    Precisely. Only worse, if we really do have 40 cars, or close to it. Ideally, they should have two weekends of qualifications like in the "old" days, but at the very least, they need to dump the ridiculous fast nine/everybody re-qualifies Sunday format and simply set pole Saturday, fill the field Sunday. 40 cars (or anything approaching it) is "drama" enough.
    Two weekends is too much. In reality the previous format where Top 9 was Set and they ran on Saturday would be better than what we have now. They changed it up because the bumping was never happening due to low car count. Now they should change it back.

  29. #29
    Indy/Ovalcentric SactoIndyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    5,725
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlor View Post
    You mean like last year? The current format is simply not sufficient with close to 40 entries, not with the Top 9 still available. Can't get track time.
    Exactly. If they are start going to have 40 entries again, it’s time to go back to 2 week qualifying. Move the GP to the first Sunday in May where it doesn’t conflict with the Derby.
    RIP Dan Wheldon :(

    "Anybody who says the IndyCar Series is not the best championship in the world is a complete idiot in my book." ~Dan Wheldon


    "It's a discussion board, not a society ball." ~Skypigeon

  30. #30
    illegal user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,974
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SactoIndyFan View Post
    Exactly. If they are start going to have 40 entries again, it’s time to go back to 2 week qualifying. Move the GP to the first Sunday in May where it doesn’t conflict with the Derby.
    That would be great so it doesn’t conflict with southern Ohio Forrest rally either

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •