Thread: Alonso back in 2020?

Alonso back in 2020?

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-a...er-Formula-One

I'd still root for the guy but come on man...
    Keep in mind, I could be wrong

Blog Entries
    Alonso mentions Schumacher's comeback but in my opinion that was the worst move Micheal ever did as a driver. I hope Alonso doesn't make the same mistake. Alonso, you already have the money and the fame. You already have a company that is continuously making you money as you sit and eat. Why go back? There's nothing left to prove in F1.
    "The only good horsepower is usable horsepower.."

Yes, I'd rather see the guy run one off's or maybe the entire IndyCar circuit for a year or two. Even though McLaren was lame the previous two seasons in Formula One, Alonso did not look too sharp, himself.

I think it would be great to see Alonso come back, but only in a top team to challenge for the title. That will not happen, as there are no seats or interest. Anything else is just making the numbers for him.
    And don't forget the heat!

Quote Originally Posted by Hitokiri View Post
    Alonso mentions Schumacher's comeback but in my opinion that was the worst move Micheal ever did as a driver. I hope Alonso doesn't make the same mistake. Alonso, you already have the money and the fame. You already have a company that is continuously making you money as you sit and eat. Why go back? There's nothing left to prove in F1.
    Michael should've stayed after 2012... I don't think MSC would've taken another championship but he surely would've taken some victories here and there with Mercedes. And maybe even an 8th championship would've been possible with a little luck.
    IndyCar fan4ever.

Quote Originally Posted by mattf765 View Post
    I'd still root for the guy but come on man...
    Yeah, the nerve of some people.
    "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

I'd love to see him back in a competitive car. Schumacher came into a project, not a frontline team at the time. I just don't see where he would land.

Quote Originally Posted by Larrymgs View Post
    Yes, I'd rather see the guy run one off's or maybe the entire IndyCar circuit for a year or two. Even though McLaren was lame the previous two seasons in Formula One, Alonso did not look too sharp, himself.
    Alonso outqualified his teammate 37-3 over the last two seasons.

As to Alonso ever running a full season of Indy Car, I just don't see it. Besides Indy, maybe some of the road course races. But eventually I could be proven wrong, I can't read his mind.
    It's hard to be cool when your dad is Goofy.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    Yeah, the nerve of some people.
    Where would he sign? Unless Kimi works a miracle with Alfa and turns them into a top tier team, where else would he sign and have a legit chance to win a championship?

Quote Originally Posted by mattf765 View Post
    Where would he sign? Unless Kimi works a miracle with Alfa and turns them into a top tier team, where else would he sign and have a legit chance to win a championship?
    Lewis could retire to focus on music, McLaren might actually get it together, a third stint at Renault if they make the jump. Or no return at all which was the calculated risk he assumed stepping away.

I was going to make a joke about Alonso doing a full World of Outlaws program in 2020 but that got me thinking...

As much as I'd like to see Alonso return to F1, bag a 3rd WDC and Prost off, how cool would it be to see a talent like that cherry pick races throughout the year?

Baja
    Dakar
    Monte Carlo Rally
    Chili Bowl
    Knoxville Nationals
    The Kings Royal
    Bathurst 1000
    Pikes Peak

He'd probably have more fun too.