Thread: Carb day tickets on site?

N00000b

Carb day tickets on site?

Hi everyone!

Is it possible to purchase carb day tickets on site or would you recommend to get them in advance online?

Thanks!

You can purchase them at the track at whatever gate you enter through. I always used to purchase mine when I got my race day tickets until I realized that if it rained on carb day I'm basically out that money. Safer to just wait and get them on carb day.

You can either purchase them online or at the gate. The advantage to purchasing them online ahead of time (and printing it out at home) is that it's a much quicker entry. They scan the ticket and you're in. If you have to buy tickets at the gate, sometimes the ticket buyers' line can be long and slow.

The possibility of rain is a good point. I'd still buy the tickets online and print them out ahead of time, but wait until the week of to make sure the weather will be good.

Bring cash...they have Express cash lines at some gates, the line for using cards can take awhile...not a problem if you get there early but at noon with all the younger people coming in n for the concert very few of them carry cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorindy View Post
    You can either purchase them online or at the gate. The advantage to purchasing them online ahead of time (and printing it out at home) is that it's a much quicker entry. They scan the ticket and you're in. If you have to buy tickets at the gate, sometimes the ticket buyers' line can be long and slow.

The possibility of rain is a good point. I'd still buy the tickets online and print them out ahead of time, but wait until the week of to make sure the weather will be good.
    I'm usually running late, so it's nice to not have to stand in line...
    "If you go, you can either win or not win. If you don't go for it, you definitely won't win." Jens Voigt

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mke View Post
    Bring cash...they have Express cash lines at some gates, the line for using cards can take awhile...not a problem if you get there early but at noon with all the younger people coming in n for the concert very few of them carry cash.
    This is good advice for any event

Always carry and use cash

It’s the American way

Credit card purchases clog up lines at every point of sale

You try and tell a young person that and they will argue about it till they are blue in the face

But

Cash is almost always better
    "I wasn't going to finish 2nd today...2nd was not in the cards...I was either going to win or i was not going to finish at all..." Eddie Cheever-Victory Lane,Indianapolis Motor Speedway 1998

N00000b
    Thanks for your replies all of you!

It will cost $5 more day of the event, but I do not find it an inconvenience. I went for the first time last year and loved it!!!

Either God or Mother Nature apparently loves Carb Day as weather is almost always beautiful.

That being said...if you are making the trip from Germany why not spring for bronze badges? Carb Day is a pretty cool day to hang out in the garages. Might be the only place to find sober people.

Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Quote Originally Posted by slompappy View Post
    Cash is almost always better
    Until you come across a person that is incapable of making change in a timely manner because all they're comfortable doing is swiping credit cards.
    "The track will choose who's going to win."

Tony Kanaan

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Either God or Mother Nature apparently loves Carb Day as weather is almost always beautiful.
    It really has been. 2008 is the last time we had a rainout of sorts on Carb Day. It rained on Carb Day in 1995, but they still got the session in. Other years may have had sprinkles here and there, but not much in the way of complete washouts in the past 30 years or so.

It really has been. 2008 is the last time we had a rainout of sorts on Carb Day. It rained on Carb Day in 1995, but they still got the session in. Other years may have had sprinkles here and there, but not much in the way of complete washouts in the past 30 years or so.
    I'm not sure what they would do if Friday was a complete rainout today. Back in the '50s/'60s there were complete rainouts and they simply didn't reschedule.

I guess they might let the cars run for an hour on Saturday but you know. The bands would be another story. In reality the Monday Practice session after qualifying has pretty much taken the place of Carb Day at least with respect to what the teams want to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by indyrjc View Post
    I'm not sure what they would do if Friday was a complete rainout today. Back in the '50s/'60s there were complete rainouts and they simply didn't reschedule.

I guess they might let the cars run for an hour on Saturday but you know. The bands would be another story. In reality the Monday Practice session after qualifying has pretty much taken the place of Carb Day at least with respect to what the teams want to find out.
    In 2008, they got out on the track for about ten minutes for the Carb Day session, then it started pouring. They cancelled the rest of the session and never made it up. They postponed the Indy Lights race to Saturday morning (right after the Public Drivers Meeting).

The Pit Stop Contest was cancelled and not rescheduled (they donated the prize money to charity). The concert goes on rain or shine.

With the lengthy Monday practice session now, chances are they will not make up Carb Day practice if it gets rained out in the future. Monday is the intense, data collecting session. Friday has the feel of more like a leak check exercise.