Thread: ESPN Claims Another Victim

ESPN Claims Another Victim

The Jayski web site made a great name for itself, but ESPN dropped it last week. As if NASCAR and its fans did not already have enough to worry about.
    Supporting Indy Car racing since 1959

Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    The Jayski web site made a great name for itself, but ESPN dropped it last week. As if NASCAR and its fans did not already have enough to worry about.
    Once ESPN bought it the site was ruined
    "Paff has been closer to the mark than anyone will give him credit for."

Richard Kimble 11/18/2010

"Paff is far more right than any of you will EVER give him credit for.

As non politically correct and un IndyCar friendly as it is, it's the truth. "

SeeuInMay 12/29/2010

With the exception of things so big they cannot ignore them (and both Daytona and Indy make that cut, but just barely), ESPN covers things that ESPN has rights to. If your league, conference, series, whatever, is not involved with Disney, you do not get mentioned. Period.

Daytona on ESPN will consist of 45 seconds of highlights on the Sunday night SportsCenter and probably Marty Smith doing 10 seconds of stand up. Indy will be the same, with or without Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by SamC View Post
    With the exception of things so big they cannot ignore them (and both Daytona and Indy make that cut, but just barely), ESPN covers things that ESPN has rights to. If your league, conference, series, whatever, is not involved with Disney, you do not get mentioned. Period.

Daytona on ESPN will consist of 45 seconds of highlights on the Sunday night SportsCenter and probably Marty Smith doing 10 seconds of stand up. Indy will be the same, with or without Smith.
    I know they are sending Ryan McGee who's great. We will most likely get him also for the 500.
    I'd rather have 10% of the world interested in the ICS than 50% of US that NASCAR currently has

[QUOTE=SamC;4474598]With the exception of things so big they cannot ignore them (and both Daytona and Indy make that cut, but just barely), ESPN covers things that ESPN has rights to. If your league, conference, series, whatever, is not involved with Disney, you do not get mentioned. Period.

Last fall they had Sportscenter on at a sportsbar we were at. The MLB league championship game highlights from the game played earlier that evening were covered after about 10 minutes of LeBron James dunking highlights and LeBron James interviews.

Going under ESPN ownership was its downfall, but the website looked like it was designed in the 90's. In this day and age you have to update your website or else it will get left behind.

Quote Originally Posted by LAindycarfan80 View Post
    In this day and age you have to update your website or else it will get left behind.
    Matt Drudge says high.

In a flagstand somewhere in the Carolinas
    Quote Originally Posted by SamC View Post
    Matt Drudge says high.
    That's funny.

For sprint car people Hoseheads is the Go To page for online news and I cant stand it because it always seems hastily thrown together with 1999 internet software. What a mess to try and navigate. I cannot understand why no one has passed them or why they never updated their site. I rarely go there because its so unwieldy.
    Live like Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Paff View Post
    Once ESPN bought it the site was ruined
    It really was. I used it frequently, even after I was no longer a fan of the series until ESPN bought it. At that point it was just ESPN's NASCAR side with a little Jayski flair. Nothing special.