View Poll Results: Will you be paying for the NBC Sports Gold Indycar package

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

    84 57.53%
  • NO

    62 42.47%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 77 of 77

Thread: Will you be paying for the NBC Sports Gold package for Indycar?

  1. #61
    Will it have the features of the discontinued Verizon app? Definitely get it if it does.

  2. #62
    Can I get it on the my TV? With my Comcast package I can watch YouTube, Netflix and Amazon Prime on television..I'll only pay for Gold if it's on the big screen.

  3. #63
    Member #234 MM658's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Northeast USA
    Posts
    2,336
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat00 View Post
    But you can't get NBCSN for $12/year. Here's what my cable company charges in order to get that channel:
    ...which is why I qualified with: "if you're a cable/dish subscriber with access to NBCSN" (meaning, it's a channel you already get as part of your monthly cable outlay).

  4. #64
    illegal user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,974
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat00 View Post
    Would you pay $50 per year to have access to TrackForum?
    I already do. My Ďnet bill is about that per month so $600 per year to have access. It used to cost more with cable. Like $1200 more per year. So in net, I am SAVING $1150 per year WITH the IndyCar gold. Not sure what there is to argue, especially those in the 12% doldrums.
    No signature required

  5. #65
    Registered User Pole Day's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Not Close Enough
    Posts
    802
    Blog Entries
    1
    I find it very interesting that so many of you cord cutters are so willing to fork over 50 for this and 50 for that. I currently pay 172 a month for cable,internet,and phone. I don't feel the need to keep opening my wallet for every special programming that these companies keep coming up with. I think they are just testing us to see how far they can push the public. With IndyCar not growing a fanbase beyond us hardcore fans is disturbing.

  6. #66
    ... --- ...
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    23,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Pole Day View Post
    I don't feel the need to keep opening my wallet for every special programming that these companies keep coming up with. I think they are just testing us to see how far they can push the public.

    Not unlike the airlines nickel and diming everyone.
    ...---...

  7. #67
    Insider XR1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Gresham Oregon
    Posts
    2,761
    Blog Entries
    2
    I signed up. Amazon fire tv.
    PAY NO MORE.
    Be there or be square.

  8. #68
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,002
    Blog Entries
    1
    Iím behind the game, what is it exactly? Itís a phone/tablet app or a cable thing?

  9. #69
    Insider
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    5,840
    Quote Originally Posted by Andretti91 View Post
    I’m behind the game, what is it exactly? It’s a phone/tablet app or a cable thing?
    https://www.nbcsports.com/gold/indycar

  10. #70
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,002
    Blog Entries
    1
    Oh absolutely, just signed up.

  11. #71
    Registered User Thorzdad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Muncietucky
    Posts
    1,191
    Nope.

  12. #72
    Registered User TrapperJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Nottinghamshire (Robin Hood Country) UK
    Posts
    472
    I’m in
    Memories of Indy 2012:
    ZUL8TR: "I'm sorry Joel, are we keeping you?"


    abc -
    Your home for Indycar on Network TV, where race commentary is delivered as if reading the lunch menu in a rest home. God bless you Marty, Eddy, and Scott, there are few as soporific as you.

  13. #73
    Registered User Boweimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    1,860
    I’ll be stealing it

  14. #74
    Insider Buellboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    6,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Pole Day View Post
    I find it very interesting that so many of you cord cutters are so willing to fork over 50 for this and 50 for that. I currently pay 172 a month for cable,internet,and phone. I don't feel the need to keep opening my wallet for every special programming that these companies keep coming up with. I think they are just testing us to see how far they can push the public. With IndyCar not growing a fanbase beyond us hardcore fans is disturbing.
    I don't mind paying for what I want to watch. And if I was a cable subscriber I'd probably still get Indycar Gold.

  15. #75
    Registered User Pole Day's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Not Close Enough
    Posts
    802
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Buellboy View Post
    I don't mind paying for what I want to watch. And if I was a cable subscriber I'd probably still get Indycar Gold.
    Given that we're the diehard of fans so to speak. The poll shows over 40% of us say NO to this strong arm move by NBC and IMS.

  16. #76
    Already subscribed using the IndyCar Nation discount and dredged up an old Amazon Fire Stick so I can enjoy the content on my Samsung smart TV rather than just mobile devices. Itís too bad the NBC Sports Gold app isnít available on more smart TVs.

  17. #77
    Registered User Hawkes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ottawa Canada
    Posts
    785
    Nope.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •