View Poll Results: Will you be paying for the NBC Sports Gold Indycar package

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

84 57.53%
  • NO

62 42.47%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will you be paying for the NBC Sports Gold package for Indycar?

Will you be paying for the NBC Sports Gold package for Indycar?

Simple yes or no.
    I'd rather have 10% of the world interested in the ICS than 50% of US that NASCAR currently has

Yes, signed up this morning about an hour ago. I'll try it out for 1 year and if it's worth it, i'll keep it for next year too.
    World's biggest Ryan Hunter-Reay fan!

When not discussing opinions, I try my best to only post facts, if I post something factually incorrect please correct me with a source (if possible)

I'm a no. With my busy schedule, I barely have enough time to watch the races as it is. I can't see spending extra money on something I likely wont have time for. I'll stick with the TV broadcasts for the moment. And use the money to go to a race or two.

If there was a hope that not paying for it meant that youtube streaming would come back, my answer would be "no."

There is not, so I will pay for it and at least help demonstrate that IndyCar content is something worth paying for.
    Sitting president of the "Sato Forever Faithful Fanclub"

I'm signing up. Indycar Nation members can get a $10 discount. If you are a Nation member check your email. The $10 discount is off the regular price of $54.95; so Indycar nation members can purchase for $44.95.
    Here is the text of the email:
    INDYCAR and NBC have announced the release of INDYCAR Pass on NBC Gold. This is exciting news for fans of IndyCar racing as more than 750 hours of our sport will be available during the NTT IndyCar Series season including live streaming of practice, qualifying and IndyLights - - and lots more.
    As an INDYCAR Nation Legend member, you are receiving a $10 discount off the $54.95 price for INDYCAR Pass. Your personalized discount code can be redeemed on the NBC Sports Gold website, or by clicking the above graphic. (Note: This is discount code is specific to your email address and cannot be transferred or used more than one time)

Yes I will. It’s like 3$ a race weekend plus the exclusive content. Seems like it’s worth it for the first year at least.

Yes, just completed the purchase

I just purchased.

Booger eating moron RacingPortaJohn's Avatar
    Those who have paid...how many devices can I have this on with one account?

Dirt biker/carp hunter Stick500's Avatar
    I'm fine with NBC and NBCSN on my YouTube TV for my Indycar fix, but I know I will be missing watching 500 practice when it's going on.
    "Charging a man with murder here was like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500."- Capt. Willard, Apocolypse Now
    "Ain't nuthin' like [being with a woman], 'cept maybe the Indy 500."- Bunny, Platoon
    "To alcohol! The cause of- and solution to- all of life's problems."- Homer J. Simpson

Just signed up

Just signed up. Will see how well it works with my Roku.
    I'm just a mouse around the house.

I would've done it if it would've been available here... Will go the way again I always used to before IndyCar became available on the ESPN Player and that is illegal livestreams... I can still watch everything but it's not the way I want to.... But yeah, if it's unavailable here...
    IndyCar fan4ever.

$49.99 (early-bird savings). I think I'll pull the trigger on it. Hopefully the coverage is quality.

yes

I already purchased it.

A simple Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Unser>Andretti View Post
    I'm signing up. Indycar Nation members can get a $10 discount. If you are a Nation member check your email. The $10 discount is off the regular price of $54.95; so Indycar nation members can purchase for $44.95.
    Here is the text of the email:
    INDYCAR and NBC have announced the release of INDYCAR Pass on NBC Gold. This is exciting news for fans of IndyCar racing as more than 750 hours of our sport will be available during the NTT IndyCar Series season including live streaming of practice, qualifying and IndyLights - - and lots more.
    As an INDYCAR Nation Legend member, you are receiving a $10 discount off the $54.95 price for INDYCAR Pass. Your personalized discount code can be redeemed on the NBC Sports Gold website, or by clicking the above graphic. (Note: This is discount code is specific to your email address and cannot be transferred or used more than one time)

I did not get my email with this information.

Can you purchase NBC Goldwithout cable or satellite service?

No.

ESPN+ costs $5/month, can sign up or cancel month-by-month.
    Assuming your signed up for a whole year, that's $60 for every single sporting event that streams on ESPN+ (UFC, many college football & basketball conferences, NHL, MLB, soccer, tennis) plus practically every 30-for-30 that was ever made, plus every Indy 500 ABC broadcast (minus '72) going back to the mid-60's.
    Compare that to $55 for some practice & qual sessions, and the six-car-field Lights races, and basically nothing else at all.

If NBC Gold IndyCar was $20 for the year, I'd consider it. At more than twice that price point, no, thanks. If you could pay by the month, or even better, by the race weekend, I'd consider it - but only if it was $5 or less for those increments.

I'll miss watching the occasional 500 practice session, and the two or three Lights races that I'd watch per year, but I'll find something to do with the $55 to make up for it.

Yes.

Just paid for it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamScandia View Post
    Can you purchase NBC Goldwithout cable or satellite service?
    NBC Sports Gold*is available on Apple iOS, Android, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast and online at NBCSportsGold.com
    Looks like a yes to me.
    "George Bignotti's Sinmast Wildcat (Designed by Bob Riley); delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

I guess living in Canada my only option is no.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_K View Post
    I'm a no. With my busy schedule, I barely have enough time to watch the races as it is. I can't see spending extra money on something I likely wont have time for. I'll stick with the TV broadcasts for the moment. And use the money to go to a race or two.
    I thought about it - but I'm a no for the same reason. As a divorced dad of 2 small kids - I barely have enough time to catch the races themselves. That said - I hope this is a success and that it's around for a couple of years (at least) so as I get more time - maybe it will make sense in the future. I think it's a great idea and I really wish I had the time to take advantage of it!!
    Real drivers don't need fenders!

Quote Originally Posted by RacingPortaJohn View Post
    Those who have paid...how many devices can I have this on with one account?
    I’m curious about this as well.

Blog Entries
    Interesting that they use the term "qualifier".

I'm undecided.
    I already subscribe to the Premier League package on NBC Gold.
    The IndyCar package seems like extremely poor value in comparison.

illegal user
    Blog Entries
    Some of the comments here are crazy.

For $50 per year, and as someone mentioned, basically the cost of one beer per race weekend, this is CHEAP!

Compare this to one month's cable bill minus the internet, and it not only pays for itself in ONE MONTH, I have gas money to get me part way to the 500.

YES.
    No signature required