Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fresh IMS Revenue Idea for J. Doug and Hulman Descendants

Plays well with Others
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Red5 View Post
    probably more likely at Lucas Oil field with the roof open.
    They couldn’t do that bc Lucas Oil is not weather-proofed for the elements. No drainage for rain/snow, heating system probably not adequate in the concourses if roof was open in REALLY cold weather...They could hold it in there but the roof would have to be closed....then crank down the heat and hope for the best, like hockey teams that share arenas with basketball teams.

IMS hosting it is a non starter to me unless it’s in the infield with LOTS of temporary seating. The permanent stands are just too far away, even in a turn, for good seating distrance to view a hockey game or guys racing around on ice skates.
    Football? Maybe, in the North Chute. Close off first 30 or so rows, temp seating on the track and field laying east/west in the north chute (with a temporary cover for the tunnel). Then temp seating on the other side. But all in all, IMS is too darn big for a lot of these events. 10 Bristols can fit in the infield of IMS probably.
    "We named the dog Indiana"

Blog Entries
    Easier to get these guys:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mattbholland View Post
    They couldn’t do that bc Lucas Oil is not weather-proofed for the elements. No drainage for rain/snow, heating system probably not adequate in the concourses if roof was open in REALLY cold weather...They could hold it in there but the roof would have to be closed....then crank down the heat and hope for the best, like hockey teams that share arenas with basketball teams.

IMS hosting it is a non starter to me unless it’s in the infield with LOTS of temporary seating. The permanent stands are just too far away, even in a turn, for good seating distrance to view a hockey game or guys racing around on ice skates.
    Football? Maybe, in the North Chute. Close off first 30 or so rows, temp seating on the track and field laying east/west in the north chute (with a temporary cover for the tunnel). Then temp seating on the other side. But all in all, IMS is too darn big for a lot of these events. 10 Bristols can fit in the infield of IMS probably.
    I agree with you IMS is a horrible facility to host most sporting events that don't use the existing track. people concentrate on the number of seats but honestly, my high school football stadium has better facilities and sightlines than most of IMS.

I'm guessing your high school football stadium lacks the ambience, however. ;-)
    Supporting Indy Car racing since 1959