Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Pato O´Ward out of Harding Steinbrenner Racing

Blog Entries
    I imagine this is inconvenient for PO, but if he could land at DCR (especially) or Carlin that would be better than a start-up team.

Its so damn late..options may be limited
    Silly Season scorecard and Where are the Indy 500 winning cars! http://inrd.gotdns.com/indystuff/

I'm sad about this, and hope he gets a shot with another team. All the good seats with established teams are filled so I'm not sure where he will go. Carlin might be his best bet, Juncos as well and maybe even MSR for the rounds that Jack Harvey isn't racing at.
    World's biggest Ryan Hunter-Reay fan!

When not discussing opinions, I try my best to only post facts, if I post something factually incorrect please correct me with a source (if possible)

I think, that HSR at least owe a test day to Pato. Man, they held him till the last moment and now, even if he'll land some ride - it will be without proper testing.
    Nastalgia & headache.

Quote Originally Posted by nospheratez View Post
    I think, that HSR at least owe a test day to Pato. Man, they held him till the last moment and now, even if he'll land some ride - it will be without proper testing.
    We don't know the details but Pato might have had funds promised to HSR and they never came thru
    "Paff has been closer to the mark than anyone will give him credit for."

Richard Kimble 11/18/2010

"Paff is far more right than any of you will EVER give him credit for.

As non politically correct and un IndyCar friendly as it is, it's the truth. "

SeeuInMay 12/29/2010

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Paff View Post
    We don't know the details but Pato might have had funds promised to HSR and they never came thru
    If you don't know the details then you shouldn't speculate, either.
    Vive la Republique.

Quote Originally Posted by vintage View Post
    There is no need to make this a hate thread.
    Then stop doing it.
    "Only a fool fights in a burning house."-Kang

"If you listen to fools....The Maaahhhhb Ruuuules....."-Ronnie James Dio

Quote Originally Posted by Joeremi View Post
    O'Ward got a big reception in Mexico because he's Mexican. That's not a terribly important marker of how enthusiastic IC should be about him. Personally I think it's great if he stays here and does well, but I wouldn't lose any sleep if it didn't work out.
    Same here

Quote Originally Posted by The Gary Møøse Show View Post
    If you don't know the details then you shouldn't speculate, either.
    Well i was responding to the post that HSR owes Pato a test..

Quote Originally Posted by vintage View Post
    He’s got a bit of his dad’s mannerisms.
    I agree and to me, that's a very good thing!

Blog Entries
    I'm really hoping that he can put something together. What a waste of young talent. I was wanting to see Pato be the next Adrian Fernandez as far as bringing a huge Mexican fanbase and sponsors into the sport. Those were some good times with Adrian, Jourdain, and Dominguez.

Time to get on the phone with Tecate, Pato!
    "Beauty is in the eye of the Beer-holder."

15G. Rahal
    5 J. Hinchcliffe
    18. S Bourdais
    98 A. Rossi

Blog Entries

Some people can't pass up an opportunity to put someone down on trackforum.

That was opinion, not speculation, as I read it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gary Møøse Show View Post
    That was opinion, not speculation, as I read it.
    Yes, private opinion and nothing more. Also I'm sorry for unacceptable posting. It will never happen again.

No problem Thanks for your participation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bean View Post
    Some people can't pass up an opportunity to put someone down on trackforum.
    It's the same old "talent versus 'marketability'" argument that usually winds up in the Biz or Farewell forums

Quote Originally Posted by nospheratez View Post
    Excellent! This is the package that most fans will invest in - ultra-rich son of ultra rich-daddy who is forcing career of his buddy which is also the son of a famous dad... No, fans will not invest in the story of a super talented simple guy without money who, actually beat rich kids and carved his way to the top with wins.
    We get it. You don't like Colton for some reason. Time to get over it, or try to have something useful and interesting to say.
    I ride tandem/with the random/Things don't run the way I planned them.
    Peter Gabriel, "Humdrum"

For some it's about who they like; for others, a matter of talent and accomplishment. A third group just wants the best of both worlds and to not argue about it

Quote Originally Posted by brundle View Post
    We get it. You don't like Colton for some reason. Time to get over it, or try to have something useful and interesting to say.
    No, it seems like you don't get it. I have absoluteley nothing against Colton. I'm glad, that he is in IndyCar. What I dislike is some people's rhetoric that if you have some talent and famous surname, then you are more important for the sport, than a simple noname guy with tons of talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    It is series fault we don’t race in Mexico anymore. Back in Champ Car days Rodolfo Lavin, Roberto Gonzalez, David Martinez, Luis Diaz etc were able to attract Mexican sponsors to fund their rides. If there was a Mexican event we could see Tecate or Telmex give him something but US-based series is just not attractive for many sponsors.
    WRONG. ANY Mexican event was contingent on there being a Mexican driver. It's chicken and the egg. You can't have a sponsored driver without an event in Mexico and you can't and event in Mexico without a sponsored driver.. That being said there has been wasted time with him being on a team where people that may have sponsored him thought he was secure.
    Skypigeon "If you're not on the bus, don't whine about the direction it's going."

I agree that it sounds like Pato's funding fell through. This is both an opinion and speculation. Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
    I imagine this is inconvenient for PO, but if he could land at DCR (especially) or Carlin that would be better than a start-up team.
    What we don't know is who his other champions in the paddock are.

While the series typically doesn't help drivers anymore and Chevy is not really in the Driver development business, Honda is and has been known to help drivers. So, is Pato on Honda's RADAR? Mexico is one of their target markets. Do they see the combination of talent and commercial ability in him that they have seen in someone like Hinch?

If so, then you might see him Pato in a third entry for at least part of the season from DCR or RLLR, or even SPM.

If he's gonna get a ride from a Chevy team, he likely has to raise the money himself.

Blog Entries
    Sounds like this guy is gonna find another ride and Harding is gonna have to find another driver so there another car for The 500
    "I wasn't going to finish 2nd today...2nd was not in the cards...I was either going to win or i was not going to finish at all..." Eddie Cheever-Victory Lane,Indianapolis Motor Speedway 1998

Juncos himself said he would be announcing plans this week...seems like a good possibility
    Third Gen Indy Fan

The problem (as I see it) is the kid needs a sponsor from Mexico, and that may not be a thing right now. The political climate was rough when he started in Lights, but became exponentially worse in the ensuing year. I'm not sure there's a Mexican company willing to bother with this at the moment.

Jimmy Bly fan
    Pato was still lined up to do the 500 and whatever races they could fund. I doubt he'd be leaving if he didn't have a better option in the works.
    “If somebody blocked you, you either hit ’em in the *** or got out of your car and beat their ***,” said A.J. Foyt

Quote Originally Posted by Joeremi View Post
    The problem (as I see it) is the kid needs a sponsor from Mexico, and that may not be a thing right now. The political climate was rough when he started in Lights, but became exponentially worse in the ensuing year. I'm not sure there's a Mexican company willing to bother with this at the moment.
    Isn't Tecate still a sponsor at Long Beach? I know your not a spokesperson for them, but I wonder if Tecate would have any interest at all in Pato, at least at Long beach and in race markets that hold a decently high amount of Hispanic demographics. I know i'd love to see Tecate colors on an Indycar again.

Good question, I believe Tecate is still there. One of the best paint schemes ever.

Registered User David_Skywalker's Avatar
    Pato is under the legal drinking age in the United States... so a beer sponsor is out of the question.
    Just wait 'till next year!