Thread: Our Own Danica in top 5 of The worlds highest-paid female athletes

Our Own Danica in top 5 of The worlds highest-paid female athletes

From Yahoo Sports

"The world’s highest-paid female athletes"

In part:
    "Our No. 4-ranked female athlete is racing’s Danica Patrick, who pulled in $12 million. Patrick is the most popular driver in IndyCar. She has a lucrative deal with her team, Andretti Autosport, that allows her to share team revenues, a rarity in racing.

Patrick’s profile jumped this year when she started racing in NASCAR’s Nationwide Series for JR Motorsports, which is co-owned by Dale Earnhardt Jr. Patrick has struggled with the heavier stock cars with an average finish of 30.5 in her first six starts. Yet her sponsors – like GoDaddy.com, Peak Antifreeze and Tissot – have reaped the benefits of that added attention."

Great Job !!

Go Get 'em Danica !!
    Dale Manus

Awe, come on guys. Cat got your tongue?
    Here this girl is a financial success beyond most peoples dreams
    and no one can find anything nasty to say??
    She makes more in a day that many here make in a year, more,
    in an hour than many make in a month.

Andretti likes her, NASCAR likes her as do many solid sponsors.
    Surely that is worth a big and a just to say the least.

I am certainly disappointed by the absence of the nay sayers here.

heading north
    Give 'em time. They'll be here.

Have you seen this thread? http://www.trackforum.com/forums/sho...Indycar-driver

Trackforum has spoken. Simona is our new "IT" girl.

Fake Shemp
    She makes good money to out-qualify Milka, which is all she did today. Simona is a RACER!
    "I don't make mistakes. I make prophecies which immediately turn out to be wrong." Murray Walker

Big Deal. Tupac Shakur (dead), Elvis Presley (dead), and several other dead people generated more income last year than Danican't will see in her lifetime.

PT Barnum said it best, "There is a sucker born every minute".

Yep, Danny ranks right up there with the bearded lady and alligator boy.

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by racer x-f1 View Post
    She makes good money to out-qualify Milka, which is all she did today. Simona is a RACER!
    I will agree to that, when Simona wins an Indy Car race.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy'sGhosts View Post
    Big Deal. Tupac Shakur (dead), Elvis Presley (dead), and several other dead people generated more income last year than Danican't will see in her lifetime.

Holy mackeral and I didn't even see their names in the article "The world’s highest-paid female athletes"

Quote Originally Posted by Indy'sGhosts View Post

Holy mackeral and I didn't even see their names in the article "The world’s highest-paid female athletes"

Quote Originally Posted by mstove View Post
    Give 'em time. They'll be here.
    Yep, one showed up already.................

Wow, she makes 2 million dollars more a year than ICP!

Quote Originally Posted by Dmanus View Post
    Why? Was your intent to inspire "debate"?

The fact she is paid lots of money just proves that someone thinks she is marketable. The questions are marketable as what, and for how long.

Quote Originally Posted by Peabody View Post
    The questions are marketable as what, and for how long.
    Attractive female race car driver who has won a IndyCar race and has a splendid record at the Indianapolis 500. How long? 6 years and running.

Folks, she is so out of here and is now NASCAR's little girl. The NASCAR part will take her up a notch further, financially, but the novelty will eventually wear off. Places like Bristol are awful tough and the question is, can she be successful at tracks like Bristol? After what I saw this weekend I am of the mind that these guys will eat her lunch.

Exactly, why would danny be on list list of highest paid female athletes?

Danica is perfect for this day and age. She doesn't really have to do anything substantial besides show up, be good looking, and mindless corporations will always choose the path of least resistance to sell their product. No dog on her - THEY are the ones doing it. She has won 1 race in almost 7 professional seasons and she makes more a year (with inflation) than Mario and A.J. did when they were at the peak of their game.

Americans and hyper-consumers of any nationality will always permit the lowest common denominator to rule their product loyalty. Explaining to people why an A.J. Foyt or a Mario Andretti's word should be trusted is a lot tougher sell than tossing some hottie into the frame and having her talk in an authoritative manner on a subject she knows little about. The path of least resistance is the norm today and it is our fault as consumers to let it go forward.

You would think she dominates on the Indy Car track - but she doesn't. She won a fuel mileage race in Japan (to her credit) and finished top five at Indy a few times. Truth is, she runs on average with Francesco Dracone and is closer to Milka Duno on the grid than the pole. These are just facts...

But the facts never really compute with the modern age American consumer. Sears can't sell Craftsman Tools with the name A.J. Foyt attached to it, but Peak can sell anti-freeze 100% over the true retail value of the product with Danica Patrick. This is the twisted world we live in: those who deserve the glory and have earned our respect by the records they shattered are relegated. It is more a sad indictment of us than it is of the people we let frame the narrative (companies who advertise).

Quote Originally Posted by SEVista View Post
    Danica is perfect for this day and age. She doesn't really have to do anything substantial besides show up, be good looking, and mindless corporations will always choose the path of least resistance to sell their product. No dog on her - THEY are the ones doing it. She has won 1 race in almost 7 professional seasons and she makes more a year (with inflation) than Mario and A.J. did when they were at the peak of their game.

Americans and hyper-consumers of any nationality will always permit the lowest common denominator to rule their product loyalty. Explaining to people why an A.J. Foyt or a Mario Andretti's word should be trusted is a lot tougher sell than tossing some hottie into the frame and having her talk in an authoritative manner on a subject she knows little about. The path of least resistance is the norm today and it is our fault as consumers to let it go forward.

You would think she dominates on the Indy Car track - but she doesn't. She won a fuel mileage race in Japan (to her credit) and finished top five at Indy a few times. Truth is, she runs on average with Francesco Dracone and is closer to Milka Duno on the grid than the pole. These are just facts...

But the facts never really compute with the modern age American consumer. Sears can't sell Craftsman Tools with the name A.J. Foyt attached to it, but Peak can sell anti-freeze 100% over the true retail value of the product with Danica Patrick. This is the twisted world we live in: those who deserve the glory and have earned our respect by the records they shattered are relegated. It is more a sad indictment of us than it is of the people we let frame the narrative (companies who advertise).
    Excellent post.
    "Sometimes a majority simply means that all the fools are on the same side." C. McDonald

Fake Shemp
    Quote Originally Posted by NoviVespa View Post
    I will agree to that, when Simona wins an Indy Car race.
    Put her in an AGR car and she will.

...and proud of it. comfortably numb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Esperante View Post
    Excellent post.
    Yup.
    “Twitter is the spit on the sidewalk of life.”
    "I am glad this prayer did work, and everyone (including the sponsors) were kept safe during the race. "
    “And I don’t wish that girl any bad luck, but I hope she gets hit with a car.”~~ Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by SEVista View Post

You could repalce "Danica" with "Dale Earnhardt Jr." and still be correct....

But the facts are Danica Patrick can wheel a car. Anyone that comes close to winning a race at TMS has talent....it's comical that some (like those posters above) completely dismiss her abilities.

I dont think shes ever going to leave the IRL. She has it too good here. Shes just playing around in Nascar to see what its like.

Fake Shemp
    Danica's fine on ovals, she's not good on road courses, unfortunate as half of the schedule is road racing.

Quote Originally Posted by Peabody View Post
    Why? Was your intent to inspire "debate"?

The fact she is paid lots of money just proves that someone thinks she is marketable.
    The questions are marketable as what, and for how long.
    Yep, I actually did wish to inspire "debate" regarding a young lady that competes in our
    favorite sport and has done very well for herself. It should not come as any surprise that
    she will not drive race cars forever. How long? It does not really matter as she is positioned
    to draw large checks long after she moves on to other endeavors.

I for one appreciate a person who can become successful in life. Danica has done that
    quite distinctly. How many of us can claim to be chosen from among any specific world wide
    group for our accomplishments?

I don't see the point in tearing down Danica it order to build other drivers up.

Yes, she has done a better job marketing herself. Why is that a negative. It is like want Will Power to go slower so someone else to win a Pole. NO I want everyone else to go faster.

I want other drivers to market themselves better and I want them all to make more money. Not for Danica to make less of be less popular.
    You cannot wrangle chaos. You can only try to plan for it.

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnMc View Post
    Folks, she is so out of here and is now NASCAR's little girl. The NASCAR part will take her up a notch further, financially, but the novelty will eventually wear off. Places like Bristol are awful tough and the question is, can she be successful at tracks like Bristol? After what I saw this weekend I am of the mind that these guys will eat her lunch.
    I don't think so. Her NASCAR team is looking at which races next year she can run without interferring with her Indy Car races. Doesn't sound like a full time job in NASCAR.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Stratton View Post
    I dont think shes ever going to leave the IRL. She has it too good here. Shes just playing around in Nascar to see what its like.
    I wish you were right, but unfortunately the script is already written. Here's what's going to happen:
    * In 2011, Danica will do about the same as she is now in IndyCar--not rock-your-world successful, but successful enough. She might even win another race (I'll pick Iowa 2011 for S&G's).
    * Danica will improve in Nationwide to mid-pack finisher in some races. One or two, she might even crack the top ten for awhile, and the racing media will be abuzz with her "tremendous potential" or words to that effect.
    * At the end of next season--or a few weeks beforehand--JR Motorsports, through Dale Jr., will find a way to get the story out that if she really wants to succeed with JR Motorsports, she MUST give JR Motorsports her FULL attention. In other words, either no more IndyCar or no more JR Motorsports. It'll be "Decision Time for Danica." We'll get to read a few weeks worth of stories about rumors and angles.
    * With two or three ICS races to go, Danica will announce her "difficult" decision to go to NASCAR full-time.
    * Danica will miraculously win the last Nationwide race of the season. Here come the Cup rumors!

It's so predictable, it's kind of sick. No knock on her personally--she's doing what she has to do to market her "brand," which is what a professional athlete must do today to get noticed and get the big bucks. And I don't care what too many of you clowns think about her alleged lack of skills; she IS a racer. But... WOW, do I wish she came in an earlier day of our sport so we wouldn't be having this conversation. You know?

Commissioner of Racing numrounofan's Avatar
    OK, ket's say Danica leaves INDYCar after 2012...that means she had 8 seasons here....that's a pretty good career for any professional athlete. Yes the biggest part of Danica's appeal is she's a hot young woman who can race...if she heads off to Cup, she won't be quite so young....she will ALWAYS be the FIRST woman to lead the INDY 500 and the FIRST woman to win an INDYCar race..poo poo her all you want, her place in history is secure.....
    the man in expensive shoes

Quote Originally Posted by numrounofan View Post
    OK, ket's say Danica leaves INDYCar after 2012...that means she had 8 seasons here....that's a pretty good career for any professional athlete. Yes the biggest part of Danica's appeal is she's a hot young woman who can race...if she heads off to Cup, she won't be quite so young....she will ALWAYS be the FIRST woman to lead the INDY 500 and the FIRST woman to win an INDYCar race..poo poo her all you want, her place in history is secure.....
    And NASCAR wants her, too. She will improve ratings as well as sell some of those empty seats. She is already one of the voices for the NASCAR channel promos on Sirius/XM. She has a NASCAR Merchandise trailer and her NASCAR t-shirts are found in Wal Mart. By the way, I bought one because I am a Danica fan. However, my point is she is gone to Cup racing and the way she has been racing lately in IndyCar tells me that, in her mind, she is gone to NASCAR as well.

Awe, come on guys. Cat got your tongue?
    Here this girl is a financial success beyond most peoples dreams
    and no one can find anything nasty to say??
    She makes more in a day that many here make in a year, more,
    in an hour than many make in a month.

Andretti likes her, NASCAR likes her as do many solid sponsors.
    Surely that is worth a big and a just to say the least.

Gee, I didn't think any of us here were on a time limit. Okay, I'll bite.

"Good for her!"
    Last edited by Kurt Cobain; 08-22-2010 at 03:38 PM. Reason: I took out "Now your wet dream is complete."

Insider
    I for one appreciate a person who can become successful in life. Danica has done that
    quite distinctly. How many of us can claim to be chosen from among any specific world wide
    group for our accomplishments?
    With your recent rips on AJ and touting of Danica you show that you can "appreciate" someone who becomes successful in life with money and fame (as long as you like them...), but you appreciate far less actually winning on the racetrack. I think for most race fans it's the opposite.
    Got to watch out for those Libertarians - they want to take over the government and leave everyone alone!