Thread: High school girls in sports bras...

High school girls in sports bras...

Apparently that passes as appropriate attire for State Championship High School football games...

Lawrence Central "Bares"..., isn't that where Ren went...?

This thread is worthless without pics!

and I am an IRLholic
    I think there could be statutes on the books 'covering' this.
    “Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius.” -- Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

I predict that this thread will be the most viewed thread in Trackforum history. Easily surpassing the tenderloins and crazy story threads in the first week.

Noticed that when I went to the Lawrence Central-Lawrence North basketball game Wednesday night. We were sitting behind the Lawrence Central fans and I was not sure to think that was questionable or think I was just older and not keeping up on style.

As the father of a high school cheerleader I can tell you that I would never approve of it and I'm stunned that the school's administration allows it.

I can also assure you that today's high school girls think nothing of it. "It covers more than my bikini top."
    Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Didn't see it on the HAMILTON COUNTY side...

Quote Originally Posted by crispy View Post
    didn't see it on the hamilton county side...

:d

:d

Blog Entries
    We were there. I was focused on the field. We were in the corner well away from the student sections.

If this topic is supposed to be a competition, I'm not sure which side I'm supposed to be on.
    Proud member of the Spring 2014 Circle City Athletics Adult Co-Ed Indoor Intermediate 6-Man Championship Volleyball Team

Blog Entries
    Well, I don't see another state finals thread, other than the public/private discussion that I don't want to be a part of, so I'll just mention this here:

I've had a remarkable and bittersweet string of luck in 2010. The Colts lost their title game. Butler (my alma mater) lost its title game. And now LC (my OTHER alma mater) lost ITS title game.

It's amazing that three of my teams made it to championship games in the same year, something that some would figuratively KILL for. But none of them have been able to pull it out in the end.

You're right. Especially the part about how many folks would LOVE to have their teams lose in the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy-hp View Post
    This thread is worthless without pics!
    Why don't you have a seat...

Blog Entries
    Back on topic: Unless teenagers someday embrace it as a form of rebellion, modesty among youth is an endangered thing and has been for some time. Never will forget the New Year's Eve dance I deejayed in Emporia, Kansas, in 1991. A "safe activity" for area high schoolers that night, with sponsors. Never saw so much exposed skin in one place in my life.

And then there was some town I don't even remember in western Kansas in early 1990, deejaying a high school dance for a friend who operated a business. Played "Wild Thing" by request and, ten feet from my stand, watched a dancer simulate on-top coitus every time the chorus came around. Not literally with her partner, understand; it was "just" a dance move. But a jaw-droppingly graphic one.

Now those examples are twenty years old, kids. Some more recent ones? My stepdaughter going to an end-of-school pool party at her junior high in 2001--another school-sponsored activity we're talking about here--in a string bikini that barely left anything to the imagination. I was aghast and wanted her to cover up, but her mother didn't back me up. I thought for sure they'd throw her out of there. They didn't. No problem.

And just two weeks ago, at the YMCA, which has a well-posted policy of "NO BARE MIDRIFFS," two maybe tenth-graders showed up in shorts and jogging bras like it was no big deal at all. (I noticed later they'd been made to come back with T-shirts on. Good!)

What's really fascinating about it, just based on my own stepdaughter experiences: young girls exposing so much skin has nothing to do with trying to get boys' attention; at least, not nearly so much to do with that as personal comfort and peer pressure based on media trends to look "fashionable." So if we're going to change things at all, it's going to have to start with the media.

We're doomed.

You would have a heart attack then here in Germany. When the temp gets above 80° the 16 years olds go without any top at the local lake and even in parks. That was a strange thing for me at first moving to europe at first with the public nudity at almost every summer activity. But after a while it just seems normal now.

I'm old... I mean really old and I think they cover much more than a bikini top and not something that would shock or excite me.
    "Ride the Barrel and get pitted... So Pitted."

I'm with Frank, haven't seen a sports bra that was very revealing.
    All rides are bought. But occasionally the currency is talent.