Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I won't be attending or watching the Toronto unless PT gets a ride - why would I?

I won't be attending or watching the Toronto unless PT gets a ride - why would I?

(The thread post shortened my title - please add "race". Sorry folks). Chime in.

Place fan

Will you watch any other race? Sounds like you aren't an IndyCar fan.

I'll be watching every IndyCar race. And if I'm lucky enough to attend the race in person, I'll set my DVR and watch it again when I get home.

Ellis/ IndyCar Dead to Me Swaze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WSIndyFan View Post
    Will you watch any other race? Sounds like you aren't an IndyCar fan.
    You could say that about the Indy 500 too. About 80% of the TV ratings for that race are from "fans" that only watch the 500 and no other races.

Quote Originally Posted by beachracer-xccf View Post
    (The thread post shortened my title - please add "race". Sorry folks). Chime in.
    Bye...
    Ignorant men marvel at extraordinary things. Intelligent men admire simple things.

I'm not worried about Paul having a ride for the Canadian races. I imagine that's the easy part of TC's job. I want to see him land a full time gig.

Ellis/ IndyCar Dead to Me Swaze's Avatar
    I won't be attending Sonoma (even though it's my home track) because the track layout sucks, the race is a snoozer with no passing, and it's usually ungodly hot with temps in the mid to upper 90's on race day.

I'd much rather jump on a cross-country flight to Road America or Cleveland before I drive 90 minutes to Sonoma.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Canada View Post
    Place fan
    OK, man. You are officially killing me.

Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Quote Originally Posted by Swaze View Post
    You could say that about the Indy 500 too. About 80% of the TV ratings for that race are from "fans" that only watch the 500 and no other races.
    Oh, so you're saying that what the Indy 500 is to Americans is what PT is to Canada. I get it now.

I won't be attending any IndyCar races this year because Buddy Rice doesn't have a ride (has nothing to do with the closest one to me being probably at least 10 hours away).

BS DETECTION [ON]
    Canadians sure get worked up over a guy who calls Las Vegas home.
    I hate it when people compare Senna with god . . . I mean he is okay, but come on he isn't Senna. . .

I'll be attending 3 races this year because I'm a fan of the sport and like most of the drivers.

Its Dutch
    I won't be attending Toronto either.
    Prime Minister of Gackland

... because Canadians like Tags & possibly James Hinchcliffe will be @Toronto.
    "I just WON the Indy 500 & now I'm goin' to DETROIT!!!" :) :) -Ryan Hunter-Reay 500 banquet, May 26, 2014

Race CARS Not DOGS!!! Adopt or foster a retired greyhound -Me

Our cute little Bella Boo irlracingfan's Avatar
    I'll be attending at least 4 races this year because I'm a fan of the sport and like most of the drivers.
    INDYCAR... Home of the BEST RACING on the planet!

BS DETECTION [ON]
    I am attending one race because so far that's the only tickets I have bought. I like the racing, i don't care who drives the cars.

I think I liked it better when all the threads were about Danica.....

Quote Originally Posted by irlracingfan View Post
    I'll be attending at least 4 races this year because I'm a fan of the sport and like most of the drivers.
    I might get to 4...

Stay home then, and I hope Hinchcliffe get his first win.

Bobby Rahal will not be in the field at Mid Ohio, but I will still be there. It would be great for Ohioans if Graham could win that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow61 View Post
    I'll be watching every IndyCar race. And if I'm lucky enough to attend the race in person, I'll set my DVR and watch it again when I get home.
    Now that's true fandom. IndyCar Dominates and does not need another old slow jerk driving a car. Let some rich young jerk crash one for a change. PT to the tv booth please.

Quote Originally Posted by beachracer-xccf View Post
    To start off I'm a huge PT fan and have been for a long time.

Now, in response to your comment...
    This is a very disappointing attitude to have towards the series and it saddens me that you would not come to or watch the Toronto race. Toronto is a great race every year. I for one will be there with or without PT, I really hope it's with PT, but I'll still be in attendance and like last year be PVRing the race to watch when I get home as well. July 8th - 10th can't come fast enough for me.

I can understand your point. If guys like Graham Rahal, Ryan Hunter Reay, and JR Hildebrand weren't there I'm not sure I would be as interested in the series either. This prove that there's a need for more Canadians in the series to make a full North American series. Sure James Hinch is there but there needs to be more climbing up through the ladder trying to get into the Indycar Series. I remember throughout the late 90's when there were probably as many Canadians on the grid as Americans much to the thanks to Gerry Forstye. Maybe we need a team once again dedicated to bringing talented Canadian drivers into the top level of American open wheel racing.

We should have never let Robert Wickens get away....
    "The only good horsepower is usable horsepower.."

I think we should focus more on the winning drivers and the future winning drivers. Drivers like Tracy belong to the past, they are past their prime and don't bring a lot to the series. They should market Toronto as there will race a young talented canadian racer - Hinchcliffe. Were Tracy so good he would still race for Penske at his age, just like Emmo did.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyDog View Post
    I think we should focus more on the winning drivers and the future winning drivers. Drivers like Tracy belong to the past, they are past their prime and don't bring a lot to the series. They should market Toronto as there will race a young talented canadian racer - Hinchcliffe. Were Tracy so good he would still race for Penske at his age, just like Emmo did.
    Tracy isn't in a car right now for lack of talent. He burned alot of bridges in the latter days of the split.

Tracy might be ripe, but regardless of age, I think he is more talented than a large, large majority of the grid. With a stable team I could see him doing really well. But thats another discussion all together and I'm happy to agree to disagree.

If PT is FT you can bet that I'm on the couch watching every race I can. I can't really say that for any other driver. Maybe its nostalgia, or maybe its the entertainment value, or maybe its his driving style that sends him through turns at such high slip angles, but he's fun to watch.

The series is bigger then one driver, one race, or one team. If you only watch it or follow it for one specific reason then why follow the series at all?

Blog Entries
    the stronger the series , the stronger the chance PT will drive full seasons again, yesterday at sebiring there were 59 cars, a vibe of opitmism I havent seen in years,, the majortiy of drivers are very unknown yet a prosperity seems back in the alms, Its neat how PTs name comes up there and many wish he was driving there also, Out of sight soon quickly becomes out of mind, Pt should be in the series full time no doubt, but from what is said elsewhere IndyCar is not financially sound enough yet, viably popular to have drivers who dont pay,, a dilemma for sure beachracer,,
    so,, a stronger series , the stronger the chance we will see PT and many in full time rides,
    needs to be sooner rather than later as it appears the mayans were correct.. LOWER your price paul,, its already 2011,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,paper
    I love the sport more than I hate the past,

At some point, every driver stops driving. Does this mean that you will not follow at all anymore when PT gets there? Whatever does it for you, I suppose.
    No man can cause more grief than that one clinging blindly to the vices of his ancestors. - William Faulker

Stig's Canadian Cousin porscheman's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    God willing I shall be there as per usual. Tickets and paddock passes have been in my desk drawer since November. The race will also be DVR'd and watched as soon as I get home. Would PT's presence enhance my experience? No doubt about it! There's no stauncher PT supporter than me but it's not a deal breaker. Fingers crossed ...

Porscheman
    @porscheman121 on Twitter #+200HP!
    237.498/241.428/242.333 Speeds from the olden days!

Bring back Canada Joe Plazek!!

"The Speedway has always been a part of Indiana, as the Derby is part of Kentucky. The 500 Mile Race should continue. I'd just like to be sure of sufficient income so we could make a few improvements each year." -- Tony Hulman.