Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: iPhone 4s or Samsung Galaxy S II

Pursuing Pork Tenderloins Davydd's Avatar
    If you like photography the iPhone 4S wins hands down. There are other cell phones with more than the iPhone's 8 megapixels and there are cell phones with a better lens such as the Nokia N8, but none of them have the color IQ and low-light capabilities of the iPhone and absolutely none of them have the burgeoning iPhoneography hobby of camera apps that allow you creativity and choices, none have the myriad of post processing apps and filters for artistic creativity, and none of them have the huge photography community on Flickr and Instagram.
    Davydd (Anglicized Welsh name for David...that's all) Real name: David Stovall, Tonka Bay, MN
    Certified BPT Taster Pursuing Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches
    Long lost Speedway Sparkplug thrashing about in the deep woods of Minnesota

Siri functionality depends on your speech quality.
    Mess with me and you mess with the whole trailer park.

Pursuing Pork Tenderloins Davydd's Avatar
    My wife get mad at Siri because she doesn't understand her.

Blog Entries
    Maybe not a Galaxy Note:

Samsung’s Galaxy Note is the most useless phone I’ve used:

The Galaxy Note essentially has everything you’d want in a smartphone: a great dual-core processor, a solid camera, a beautiful display and good build quality, and it runs on AT&T’s new 4G LTE network that delivers incredibly fast downloads speeds. Plus the battery seems actually decent so far, which is a triumph for modern smartphones.

Throw all of that right out the window.

The phone is too big. You will look stupid talking on it, people will laugh at you, and you’ll be unhappy if you buy it. I really can’t get around this, unfortunately, because Samsung pushed things way too far this time.

You can’t use it one-handed, and I can’t even type on it easily with two hands. I’m almost offended by this product, and I love a lot of what Samsung is doing — in fact, the company’s current flagship is my favorite Android smartphone in the world. But the Galaxy Note just feels like a joke
    http://www.bgr.com/2012/02/13/samsun...hone-ive-seen/

As a mobile phone, the Galaxy Note is positively gargantuan. It’s almost 6 inches long and over 3 inches wide. When you hold it up to your ear, it pretty much covers the entire side of your face. You look like you’re talking into a piece of toast.
    http://allthingsd.com/20120215/mobil...than-a-talker/

My friend got a Razr the other day. It is obscenely fast. Its web browser navigates on par with a good desktop on a fast DSL/cable line.