Thread: Why Not race here?

Why Not race here?

http://racepbir.com/road/palm-beach-grand-prix.html

It's an 11 turn natural terrain road course that has a few nice passing places, wide flat surfaces, and can be run at NIGHT!!!!! Plus, it's not far from the Ft. Lauderdale area Indycar keeps talking about and it will hold tests for both HVM and AAS this coming week. It's be a nice addition to end the season on a Saturday night in Palm Beach!!!!

Most likely the infrastructure needed to support the series isn't there, although the claim to be able to host "IRL" events.

BTW lookey lookey, HVM is testing there Friday the 13th, and AA is there the rest of the weekend.
    "Unfortunately, the business types who now permeate the sport don't share this same gut centered devotion. I can only hope that the truly addicted will prevail, and that the original spirit of open wheel competition will somehow manage to survive and prosper into the future."
    -Dr. Stephen Olvey

Which chassis will they be testing with?

The course is really tight and doesn't really have enough in the way of fan facilities. It also isn't FIA Homologated yet although they're working on that.

We shouldn't be adding new road courses. China I can live with because it sounds like it's bringing in a lot of money. But even though the place should have FIA Grade 2 requirements done soon, that race wouldn't bring in people, and that layout likely wouldn't produce great racing. We need to bring back the tracks that worked first (ie Road America, Cleveland, Michigan, etc).

"I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Quote Originally Posted by mitchbr View Post
    We shouldn't be adding new road courses.
    Actually, the new schedule has less true "road courses" than ovals. The only permanent roadies are Mid-Ohio, Sonoma, and Barber. That's 3 road courses. The rest are street courses. We need more permanent road courses and less street courses IMHO. Why not run at this one, Road America, Road Atlanta, Laguna Seca, etc.?

SENÓR MODERATOR
    I don't think the series needs anymore road or street courses..................IMO.............
    SENÓR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
    " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Quote Originally Posted by dog-ring View Post
    I don't think the series needs anymore road or street courses..................IMO.............
    Exactly. They need a lot less.

Exactly......
    ...and if you want a little peace, sometimes you gotta fight. You gotta walk throught the darkness before you stand in the light. Sammy Hagar.

Quote Originally Posted by DanFan View Post
    Actually, the new schedule has less true "road courses" than ovals. The only permanent roadies are Mid-Ohio, Sonoma, and Barber. That's 3 road courses. The rest are street courses. We need more permanent road courses and less street courses IMHO. Why not run at this one, Road America, Road Atlanta, Laguna Seca, etc.?
    That's what I meant. No road courses we haven't run at. Go to the ones that we know work, not some track that we're not sure about. Palm Beach probably wouldn't bring in much $ anyway

Registered User uncommonsense52's Avatar
    I think the series needs more races, and that the ratio should either benefit "twisties" or be 50/50 even.

Here is the track before changing names.

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that's what gets you.

http://twitter.com/WhateverJoel

PBIR... Isn't that the same group that started an FIL team that routinely got dragged in and out of court?
    From a couch in North Dakota

They don't need less road and street courses, they need MORE OVALS. Less road courses will get you less RACES right now. I for one don't want that.

www.petersmotorsports.com petersmtrsprts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by piercey View Post
    PBIR... Isn't that the same group that started an FIL team that routinely got dragged in and out of court?
    i know Jay Howard drove a car with Palm Beach International Raceway on the sidepods

Quote Originally Posted by piercey View Post
    Dixie's father is a partner in that track. Don't they also own Memphis now?

Needs atleast ONE parking lot....