Thread: Miller Coors sponsorship

Miller Coors sponsorship

You can keep dreaming of them coming to help a race at The Mile if you like

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/artic...-penske-racing

— MillerCoors LLC is extending its multiyear sponsorships with the National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing Inc. and Penske Racing.

The Chicago-based brewer's Coors Light brand will continue as the official beer of Nascar's three national racing series: the Sprint Cup, Nationwide and Camping World Trucks. The company also will continue its official status sponsorship, which MillerCoors has held since 2008

Obviously they're keeping the blue deuce because Cup races are at many tracks around the country and NASCAR runs all three of their divisions at Chicagoland right where Coors Light is based. Do they have an IICS car for either brand, well those would be two examples of why not.
    "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
    "They're criminals"
    "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Quote Originally Posted by Z28 View Post
    You can keep dreaming of them coming to help a race at The Mile if you like

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/artic...-penske-racing

Obviously they're keeping the blue deuce because Cup races are at many tracks around the country and NASCAR runs all three of their divisions at Chicagoland right where Coors Light is based. Do they have an IICS car for either brand, well those would be two examples of why not.
    I know someone who works for MC in their motorsports program. He's all NASCAR, all the time. He knows almost nothing about Indycars.

I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Chin View Post
    I know someone who works for MC in their motorsports program. He's all NASCAR, all the time. He knows almost nothing about Indycars.

I wouldn't get my hopes up.
    Sad thing is, there are former Miller Coors guys working in Indy Car....

But when you think that the biggest race in the world, the only one of value to Indy Car, is all Miller Coors at the track. What is the incentive to sponsor a car?

The promoters last year approached Miller last year for title sponsorship of which they were rejected. If I remember correctly, Coors was the sponsor for qualifying last year, but it was in name only. In return Miller/Coors allowed their product to be sold during the race. Thanks?

Isn't this company run by South Africans now?
    Wanker!

Retired curmudgeon
    It's a jv company between SABMiller and MolsonCoors.
    SAB was founded in S. Africa but has long since moved hq to Britain.

Pete Coors of the Colorado family is the chairman of the jv.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miller_Coors
    "Turn right to go left" Doc Hudson

Truth is, if things turned south tomorrow for NASCAR in terms of ratings or a marketing analysis came out showing their fanbase was becoming increasingly regional, MillerCoors would leave NASCAR tomorrow. MillerCoors and Budweiser don't have to advertise on stock cars: we handed the marketplace over to them twenty years ago in this country and they gobbled up every small brewer since. They both own a combined 75% of the market and 85% of the distribution.

MillerCoors presence in NASCAR is in direct proportion to what attention Budweiser gives NASCAR. If one scales back, the other follows. If they pull out entirely, the other isn't far behind.

If you want more beer advertising in auto racing, no matter its' form, you should have been heeding the warnings of the true fair marketeers twenty years ago that monopolies are bad for competition. Now we have these massive entities ruling the marketplace with little or no competition and they also have the political system now in their back pocket.

We call it a free market, but if it is controlled by but a few, there is little chance you - the little guy - have a shot at competing with the big guy.

Oh for a cold Drewry's right now....

How about a Leinenkugel, brewed with the waters from Big Eddy Springs....

Hey, did you know that Big Eddy Springs was a horse in the sixth at Hawthorne?
    ...Always follow the money

Quote Originally Posted by irloyal View Post
    How about a Leinenkugel, brewed with the waters from Big Eddy Springs....

Hey, did you know that Big Eddy Springs was a horse in the sixth at Hawthorne?
    Leinenkugel's is owned by SABMiller...

Bob Marley, is the MC guy a Milwaukee native? Because I may be thinking of the same gentleman.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SEVista View Post
    Truth is, if things turned south tomorrow for NASCAR in terms of ratings or a marketing analysis came out showing their fanbase was becoming increasingly regional, MillerCoors would leave NASCAR tomorrow. MillerCoors and Budweiser don't have to advertise on stock cars: we handed the marketplace over to them twenty years ago in this country and they gobbled up every small brewer since. They both own a combined 75% of the market and 85% of the distribution.

MillerCoors presence in NASCAR is in direct proportion to what attention Budweiser gives NASCAR. If one scales back, the other follows. If they pull out entirely, the other isn't far behind.
    Actually, I don't think small brewers, etc have ever been this strong. The only big advantage Bud/Miller/Coors have is advertising.

I don't think there would be a "Bud Light Platnium" if they weren't filling pressure from microbrewers and the like.