Thread: This would add excitement to "Storage Wars"...

This would add excitement to "Storage Wars"...

Professor Fatbot
    I was hoping someone hid a pack of starving pitbulls in one. That would add excitement to Storage Wars.
    "I kill for the code to disarm this mess..."

This hit pretty close to home... like 14 miles from Home. AT first we didn't know what the circumstances were other than there was the corpse of a woman "found" in a storage unit.

But that didn't stop "Bubba da Love Sponge" from talking about a dead "Crack Ho" being found in a storage locker somewhere in the Bay area.

I called my son because he watches these Storage Auction shows and told me how fake they are that in most of them all they find is junk and a that what they find most of in these is drug paraphernalia as in Crack pipes. So I tell him that they opened up one down here and they didn't find any crack pipes... that all they found was a dead crack ho.

Now I have to call my son back and tell him it wasn't a crack ho but rather the mother of a crack ho that was left for the granddaughter to deal with... Oh, and that the dead crack ho's corpse is still running from the Po-po.

"Ride the Barrel and get pitted... So Pitted."

I *LOVE* Storage Wars but you know they are only showing the ones that go right.

One show they said that there are three things that will make you lose a garage: Guns, dead bodies, and drugs. If you find one of those you have to turn your garage over to the feds.
    Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Guns? What guns?

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    I *LOVE* Storage Wars but you know they are only showing the ones that go right.

One show they said that there are three things that will make you lose a garage: Guns, dead bodies, and drugs. If you find one of those you have to turn your garage over to the feds.
    My son says that usually when they search out an expert to place a value on what they found that he's normally the same guy who let them borrow the good stuff to "spice up" a locker in the first place.

IMHO, this wasn't a conventional way to inter Gram but hardly a crime. An above ground mausoleum aren't generally air conditioned and cost a lot more than a storage unit.

I do watch those shows and they had a behind the signs episode where the Yuup guy said he found a dead body dismembered in a trunk years back. I know it happens but from that jerk I think it was a tall tale.

Some states allow sale of cars and guns from storage auctions, others don't.
    You can be a critical fan without being a Critic... Or can you? Quit your b'tchn and enjoy the racing :D

Here I thought Brandi was getting naked on and episode....disappointed.

Is it May yet ?

Quote Originally Posted by CrewChief View Post
    We'd definitely want pictures posted if this was the case...

instead it's just a dead body in a casket.. ;sigh/;

that show is very addicting when channel surfing..

I believe it was on the "reunion" special or whatever you want to call it for Storage Wars, when they all met up in Vegas, Darrell said he'd found a body in a unit once. Seemed like it really had an effect on him; he didn't want to discuss it at all.
    RIP Daniel Clive Wheldon, 2005 & 2011 Indianapolis 500 Champion

Agreed
    To a New Yorker like yourself, a hero is some type of weird sandwich. Not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

On a show the other night Barry was telling Jarrod that he loves to smoke cigars but prefers it if they are first dipped in Brandy.

I wonder if they got Brandi's bolt-ons second hand?

Quote Originally Posted by JMFVET View Post
    IMHO, this wasn't a conventional way to inter Gram but hardly a crime. An above ground mausoleum aren't generally air conditioned and cost a lot more than a storage unit.
    from the article:

Improper disposal of a body is a crime, the Times said, but no charges had yet been brought.
    Most states are very specific about what may be done with a dead body. I'm pretty sure storage units don't fall under the category of proper burial places.

Quote Originally Posted by Indyknut View Post
    from the article:

Most states are very specific about what may be done with a dead body. I'm pretty sure storage units don't fall under the category of proper burial places.
    According the local press the body was properly embalmed and the Daughter only told the granddaughter about it last year speaking from her death bed. So the culprit is dead and this will not result in a trail.

Whether or not a storage unit is proper disposal for a body will depend on state law. Only this is Florida where death is big business and their lobbyist have herded state law in a way that makes money for the Undertakers.

Before my Dad passed away they would winter down here in the RV and he told Mom that if he died down here that she should close the door to the bedroom in back and pull an all-nighter back to Indiana. Then only once she got back to Indiana she should then call the authorities. Even gave her an excuse when he told her that she should tell them that he was alive the last time she check on him he looked okay to her.

Dad had heard plenty of horror stories about cost and red tape in getting a body out of Florida. Dad a Shortridge alum rests well knowing he died in the land of milk and honey.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Capua View Post
    According the local press the body was properly embalmed and the Daughter only told the granddaughter about it last year speaking from her death bed. So the culprit is dead and this will not result in a trail.

Whether or not a storage unit is proper disposal for a body will depend on state law. Only this is Florida where death is big business and their lobbyist have herded state law in a way that makes money for the Undertakers.
    The bolded part is only one of the problems. You can't just get a body embalmed down at Midas Muffler and in 1995, you also couldn't just go out and purchase a casket (that's a cheap pressboard, cloth covered casket in the photo). They (the family of the deceased) at some point had to be in direct contact with a licensed funeral home and embalmer. It's those folks that will have some 'splaining to do. They assume a responsibility when they take custody of a body and must ensure that the body, even when embalmed, will be interred in a manner and place according to state law.

Before my Dad passed away they would winter down here in the RV and he told Mom that if he died down here that she should close the door to the bedroom in back and pull an all-nighter back to Indiana. Then only once she got back to Indiana she should then call the authorities. Even gave her an excuse when he told her that she should tell them that he was alive the last time she check on him he looked okay to her.

Dad had heard plenty of horror stories about cost and red tape in getting a body out of Florida. Dad a Shortridge alum rests well knowing he died in the land of milk and honey.
    http://www.flprobatelitigation.com/u...e/JCA75376.PDF

Not exactly interesting reading but from what I'm seeing, you're mom would've had little to worry about. Florida recognizes the next of kin as having rights to the body for proper burial and actually considers the body "quasi-property" belonging to the next of kin or anyone pre-authorized by the deceased.
    Last edited by Indyknut; 01-27-2012 at 08:45 PM.

Dad was just joking...