Thread: Lotus Ends F1 Involvement--Indycar Next?

Lotus Ends F1 Involvement--Indycar Next?

On the back of financial uncertainties for Group Lotus, which was recently sold by Proton to Malaysian automotive conglomerate DRB-Hicom, Lotus F1's team owner Genii Capital has ended its formal relationship with the marque.

AUTOSPORT understands that Genii owner Gerard Lopez recently agreed a deal for the title sponsorship deal, which was originally put together in 2010, to be cancelled, as well as an old option that Proton had to buy 50% of the team annulled.
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/98628

Its Dutch
    "Mr. Menard...Randy Bernard on Line 1."
    I just hope they get through May. After May, hopefully someone else steps up to finance it for the rest of the year. After the year is over, maybe Randy can pull a rabbit out of his hat and find another manufacturer to badge it.

John Judd can make good race engines and have made good Indy Car engines. Just like Ilmor has. Only difference now, is that Ilmor is linked with Chevy. Judd is linked with LOTUS, which is about out-of-business.
    Prime Minister of Gackland

I wonder what the costs of the program are?

Gotta think that a Hyundai or Kia could benefit but financing the project and slapping their name on the engine.

As much as I hate to say it, I sort of like the design of Kia cars this past year.

Off Topic, Hyundai/Kia is beginning to seriously scare Toyota and Honda wordwide...and Chevy and Ford in the US.

On Topic, the whole Lotus/Lotus/Lotus (oh and Caterham) thing is so freaking convoluted, nobody can figure out what the heck is really going on.
    new sig pending

Hyundai and Kia are the same company of course.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyundai...tomotive_Group

Also reports (rumors?) are that Korea will lose its Formula One race in favor of Argentina, so perhaps that distraction may not be as great for them, i.e. make them more interested in Indycar.

They have plants in Canada and Alabama.