Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Simraceway to Create Official INDYCAR Series Video Game

Quote Originally Posted by aowzone View Post
    Sorry, Indy is a secret as the real thing

Plus, new physics were released for the Dallara about an hour ago, so all of that is out the window.

Fuuuu...... ddddggeee.

Just saw that, I forgot about the new build before Indy - wow now I am really scrambling. Fun times.
    Every race I run in is in preparation for the Indianapolis 500. Indy is the most important thing in my life. It is what I live for. - Al Unser Jr.

Everything I ever wanted in my life, I found inside the walls of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. - Eddie Sachs.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Airbox View Post
    That would be my question too. Does SimRaceway still plan to use rFactor 1 or is this actually rFactor 2 based? Much more interested if its actually rFactor 2, rF1 is dead to me, very outdated, it is 7 years old.

I would have rather this been part of Project CARS honestly. It has both online and offline racing and is just a little bit less hardcore.
    ******** it is outdated. Give someone like Niels Heusinkveld the job of making the physics and it will be the best there is on the market. gMotor2 still has plenty of life in it. It just needs people who know what the **** they're doing.
    "It takes a special level of incompetance to make a schedule this terrible. America is possibly the greatest country in the world overall for tracks. To make a bad schedule in America takes effort. A special kind of effort. A kind of effort that only IndyCar could come up with."

Quote Originally Posted by 11rowsof3 View Post
    Fuuuu...... ddddggeee.

Just saw that, I forgot about the new build before Indy - wow now I am really scrambling. Fun times.
    No scrambling. Playing field is level.

Or that!!! Good point. I just posted in the iRacing forum. Some people get pretty tricky it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by 11rowsof3 View Post
    Or that!!! Good point. I just posted in the iRacing forum. Some people get pretty tricky it seems.
    Who are you over there?

Milton Keynes, nr.Emberton, hometown of Dan Wheldon.
    So they're making a niche PC sim rather than a mass market multiplatform game.

Nice one...
    Rockingham UK '01 / Long Beach & Brands Hatch '03
    Le Mans 24 Hours '98 '99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '05 '07 '08 '09 '10 '12
    Pikes Peak Hillclimb '08 / NHRA Colorado '08 / NHRA Gatornationals '13 / Sebring '13

So it won't work on a Mac...does this mean I have to get Verizon too?

Quote Originally Posted by johnics View Post
    So they're making a niche PC sim rather than a mass market multiplatform game.

Nice one...
    As I said already, they exist. Microsoft has Forza and Sony has Gran Turismo. Codemasters also has a console F1 game. You can't compete with them reasonably. We've been hoping IndyCar could get their car into those games, but there is no incentive for Microsoft or Sony to pay for it.
    Wanker!

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlor View Post
    NASCAR 2011 was not EA, that was Activision I think. EA gave up around 2006.

I still think this is a good move by IndyCar. Go back a few years, when IDT was going to do a CCWS game, also based on rFactor. They needed Champ Car to pay them to develop it, and it went nowhere. This game is being developed by the publisher on their own dime.
    Hey Grizz, who did you know at iDT? I remember when Perry went through all of that crap and he ended up getting absolutely no response from CCWS. Champcar was in big trouble by then, so I cant blame them for stopping development of basically everything.
    “Anything is possible if you don’t know what you’re talking about.”
    -unknown

Quote Originally Posted by bblocker68 View Post
    Hey Grizz, who did you know at iDT? I remember when Perry went through all of that crap and he ended up getting absolutely no response from CCWS. Champcar was in big trouble by then, so I cant blame them for stopping development of basically everything.
    Yea I remember that. Just sounded like a lot of wishful thinking by the iDT guys.

Knew nobody really, I just went by what was said on their message board. The principals were pretty public and vocal about what was going on. After delay after delay, I recall they basically just came out and said we were supposed to be paid by CCWS, and got stiffed. And this was a couple years before they went "bankrupt." Forsythe/Kalkohven could have paid them for their work.

Oh no, it's Indy time. I may have to join for a month so my "friends" can give me a good set to run (if they are still there).

I'll get the Indycar game. My buddy is trying like Hell to get me to buy the rF2 beta. I told him I'm not testing for any product any longer, so I'll wait until it officially comes out.

Been there, done that. I dont take sims seriously any longer. It's only for fun, now. I used to bust my butt developing physics, whcih was a crap shoot half of the time.

If the setup garage is like rFactor1, I'll more than gladly post setups. I could usually get those going pretty well for the iDT mods and the stuff the boys did for CART98.

iDT (including Barry and I and others) helped that Champcar stuff get done, despite all of the trouble when they collapsed. Don't ring iDT out. It wasn't wishful thinking. All of that work got released FOR FREE.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlor View Post
    Knew nobody really, I just went by what was said on their message board. The principals were pretty public and vocal about what was going on. After delay after delay, I recall they basically just came out and said we were supposed to be paid by CCWS, and got stiffed. And this was a couple years before they went "bankrupt." Forsythe/Kalkohven could have paid them for their work.
    Yeah, Doug and Pierre weren't too happy about the whole situation. That was a roller coaster ride

My whole view of sim racing changed after being exposed to what was going on. I changed my opinion about iRacing and was glad to have experienced some great racing over there. I pounded the pavement every day for three years and had a blast. Mike's Indy league was good fun. Thanks for that, Mike. Also to Niles for getting me to join up.

Hope to see you guys when this new game comes out.

I'm not surprised by this. Dan Wheldon was supposed to be the big IndyCar guy on the project and did a number of things with them before he died. It's good that IndyCar is going after the people with more money to spend on a PC sim.

Of course, only TrackForum could think this is a bad idea; posters wondering why there's no console game when a console game would draw nothing in sales.

Quote Originally Posted by bblocker68 View Post
    Yeah, Doug and Pierre weren't too happy about the whole situation. That was a roller coaster ride

My whole view of sim racing changed after being exposed to what was going on. I changed my opinion about iRacing and was glad to have experienced some great racing over there. I pounded the pavement every day for three years and had a blast. Mike's Indy league was good fun. Thanks for that, Mike. Also to Niles for getting me to join up.

Hope to see you guys when this new game comes out.
    Won't be over there. iRacing is my home. I know too much about SRW that makes me not like it. Ooops, i better not talk...they might threaten to sue me again.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TexManZero View Post
    I'm not surprised by this. Dan Wheldon was supposed to be the big IndyCar guy on the project and did a number of things with them before he died. It's good that IndyCar is going after the people with more money to spend on a PC sim.

Of course, only TrackForum could think this is a bad idea; posters wondering why there's no console game when a console game would draw nothing in sales.
    The PC game is going to sell?