Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Budweiser is Back!

Graham needs to grow a mustache and complete the circle.

Quote Originally Posted by JWIndyCarFan View Post
    Don't forget the aviator frame prescription spectacles.

This is awesome that Bud is back...Ive noticed a lot of Bud ads on IndyCar broadcasts.

Blog Entries
    It's good news that the car has sponsors all over it, so that there isn't much room for a new one. Maybe they'll have a more prominent role on the wings.

Quote Originally Posted by bud7486 View Post
    This is awesome that Bud is back...Ive noticed a lot of Bud ads on IndyCar broadcasts.
    I thought I saw their logo a few times as part of the crawl at the top of the screen showing positions on the track, too. As always, I reserve the right to be mistaken or flat out wrong.
    No man can cause more grief than that one clinging blindly to the vices of his ancestors. - William Faulker

Quote Originally Posted by pb View Post
    I thought I saw their logo a few times as part of the crawl at the top of the screen showing positions on the track, too. As always, I reserve the right to be mistaken or flat out wrong.
    I saw that as well.

Our cute little Bella Boo irlracingfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mattf765 View Post
    No one recognizes Indycar drivers unless they're fans and according to those incredibly scientific and accurate tv ratings polls, we have less than 500k viewers. People know who Dale Jr. is. Maybe not so much Brad Keselowski, but big time sponsors will put a NASCAR driver on tv any day because NASCAR is marketable and people watch it.
    I don't! and I won't!

I even boycott companies who sponsor nascar unless they also sponsor IndyCar!
    INDYCAR... Home of the BEST RACING on the planet!

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by Z28 View Post
    Watching the Bulls playoff games there have been Miller Lite commercials for their new cans that include Brad Keselowski. There have been Mountain Dew commercials that include Dale jr. I'd like to get to the point where those products and others like Bud have commercials that include their INDYCAR driver.
    It would be a nice start if Target would do an ad or two with their drivers...
    Ed Carpenter...2013 AND 2014 Indianapolis 500 Pole Winner!

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by JWIndyCarFan View Post
    Please no...

As Bobby once said: "The good thing for Graham is that he got his mother's looks"...

Quote Originally Posted by Hardscrabble View Post
    It would be a nice start if Target would do an ad or two with their drivers...
    80% of Target's customers have no idea they are involved in racing or dont care. An ad with Scott/Dario/Juan wouldnt resonate with the majority of their customer base

Blog Entries
    a 2nd gen stache would be awesome
    Admit Nothing, Deny Everything

It is awesome they are back in the sport regardless of what capacity.. I hear they will have a few store appearances with Graham and a concert downtown that he will be at.... might not be a full sponsorship but its a huge brand tied to the sport for the month of May.. maybe Graham will "wooo" them into sponsoring him more in 2013

Blog Entries
    That's good news... a few years ago they (probably just the local distributor) were just putting up billboards around Indy with a generic-looking IndyCar to try to capitalize off the 500 without putting any sponsorship money in.

Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    That's good news... a few years ago they (probably just the local distributor) were just putting up billboards around Indy with a generic-looking IndyCar to try to capitalize off the 500 without putting any sponsorship money in.
    Yup - as recently as 2011!!!!! They had a Richie Hearn car with a little photoshop work on banners all around Indy. You know... the one that NEVER raced at IMS? Wow....

Miller also updated the logo and Photoshopped Jimmy Vasser's 2002 Dallara for some kiosks last year. I saw them at a liquor store in Carmel and almost took a pic and posted here. Unreal.

However, worse than all of that, many local liquor distributors and promoters have just given up caring. HERE are the cars used to "Welcome Race Fans" all over Indianapolis last May.... Just look when passing a liquor store or the beer isle at Kroger this year around the 500. It's all NASCAR stuff.

Every race I run in is in preparation for the Indianapolis 500. Indy is the most important thing in my life. It is what I live for. - Al Unser Jr.

Everything I ever wanted in my life, I found inside the walls of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. - Eddie Sachs.

IMS may also like to know (like Super Bowl versus "The Big Game"), several vendors were giving away "Coolers for the Big Race in May" last year.

Here they are....

Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    and I think they got sued for that... the "generic" car wasnt so generic.... just erased a few decals and called it generic

Stig's Canadian Cousin porscheman's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron5572 View Post
    unless its a primary sponsorship then I'm not too thrilled. If we could get the old CART sponsors like Miller and Bud back that would be awesome
    'Gotta start somewhere. Bring back the "Battle of the beerwagons"!

Budweiser has had a large presence at the Toronto Indy the last few years. Not that I spent much time in the hospitalty and Bud VIP areas or the beer garden, you understand . . .

Canadians have been known to like beer, I think.

:izod2

porscheman
    Last edited by porscheman; 05-10-2012 at 12:10 PM.
    @porscheman121 on Twitter #+200HP!
    237.498/241.428/242.333 Speeds from the olden days!

Actually, I find it a bit odd to see Bud with a Rahal, because I was only 1 when the elder won Indy. I grew up with him in black & gold (and blue & white). Maybe that's why I liked those cars so much - they looked like rolling Bruins jerseys.

Awesome!
    "The only good horsepower is usable horsepower.."