2 1.21%

4 2.42%
  • -10 - Never again.

58 35.15%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Detroit- Rate the 1st 45 laps

Cool Detroit- Rate the 1st 45 laps

too soon?

Before the red flag, boring race. No passing.
    RIP Dan Wheldon

I gave it a 3.

Registered User uncommonsense52's Avatar
    Before the track started coming up, I was really enjoying the race. Not a lot of passing, no, but I understand good motorsport when I see it. Detroit is a driver's track. Sato and Jakes bit the bullet because their driving ability isn't up to snuff. Viso was obviously just hanging on by a thread out there. It'll be fun to see the remaining last laps with Viso out of the way.

I said -8 and Im being generous, not much passing and the track coming apart causing Hinch to crash and if I heard right parts of the track came up and hit TK in the helmet which is a really huge safety issue, but the only -10 race in indycar is the 2009 Richmond race it was so boring that I actually tuned out and watched baseball, at least I'm sticking around to watch the finish of this farce

It was enjoying to watch all the drivers try and hold on. They can pass, it just takes some cojones.

You know, for no passing in the front their was a pretty interesting situation with Viso, Castroneves, RHR, Bourdais, Briscoe, Rahal, etc. Some good stuff in there. I was convinced before they even got there that the pole winner would win the race no matter who it was (trouble was, I guessed wrong on pole sitter). But nonetheless, there is some decent stuff going on out there.

I hope they are not allowed to refuel. Let them fix their cars but no refueling. That would be my take.

I rated it -2, it wasn't all bad but what little good there did occur was almost entirely missed by ABC. This score could jump to 10 if we get Hinch's full radio rant.
    I oppose your opinions on the basis of opposing them.

Didn't watch, I was driving in a online race @ Spa
    Fun race =)
    Religion can't save. Jesus can because He loves you!

Quote Originally Posted by WillMazeo View Post
    Didn't watch, I was driving in a online race @ Spa
    Fun race =)
    Great track! What cars? How'd ya do?

For the lack of any ability to pass on a walled blind alley Contrived Block Party "racing" Exhibition I was ready to rate it a 2 through the first round of pit stops. St. Pete, and to some extent Long Beach, show that CBPrE's don't have to be this bad.
    The course spitting up tar snakes and asphalt that destroyed bodywork that the owners already think is too expensive to replace dropped it the other 12 points.
    "Had every Athenian citizen been a Socrates, every Athenian assembly would still have been a mob." - Federalist 55
    “My first reaction as a race car driver was to jump out of the car and use the Foyt technique of driver development - grab him and pound some sense into him.”
    "Make way. I'm Reaganing."

After last weeks race this is like a hockey team scoring a short handed goal then having their goalie give up a goal from center ice
    God loves Jim Nabors

Quote Originally Posted by uncommonsense52 View Post
    Great track! What cars? How'd ya do?
    It's a VLN 2012 carset, we are balancing the cars before we start the VLN Championship (a series that only run on the Green Hell).
    18 players, I'm not among the fastest, specially playing on keyboard was running 7th battle to hold this position than the guy tried to pass me, he got on my blind point, as I couldn't see where he was I gave him more space, but then I crashed because of that with 15 min to go

In tomorrow's obituaries, look under the 'B' section because the Big Momentum coming off that great 500, just died, live on ABC and ESPNNews.
    "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
    "They're criminals"
    "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

For the first time in history I will abstain.
    "The Speedway has always been a part of Indiana, as the Derby is part of Kentucky. The 500 Mile Race should continue. I'd just like to be sure of sufficient income so we could make a few improvements each year." -- Tony Hulman.

Retired curmudgeon
    Some fans obviously like this kind of venue. These street festivals do generally fill up their high school football sized grandstands.
    I'll never understand the appeal personally, but if that's what it takes to keep the series alive, that's what we're stuck with.
    Since car repair costs now seem to be a big issue, the wrecks tend to be just replacing suspension parts and wings so that's another plus for the team budgets to run these type events.
    "Turn right to go left" Doc Hudson

Quote Originally Posted by KevMcNJ View Post

After last weeks race this is like a hockey team scoring a short handed goal then having their goalie give up a goal from center ice
    That made me smile.

BS DETECTION [ON]
    In all my years as a racing fan, I have yet to watch a race that I did not enjoy or that failed to entertain me, and today was no exception.
    I hate it when people compare Senna with god . . . I mean he is okay, but come on he isn't Senna. . .

Before the red flag period, I gave it a 7.

After that, If I were to vote for the entire event, it'd get about a 3. The first part, while not "entertaining," was a good race. But then the track starts coming up, the rain starts coming out, the cars start spinning around, and the confusion starts flying.

And to make it worse, Ganassi ran away with it. I hate that team.

It was disgraceful!
    It may have been the worst automobile race this old race fan has ever seen!!!
    Have a very blessed day!

Quote Originally Posted by PHJIndy View Post
    It was disgraceful!
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by PHJIndy View Post
    It was disgraceful!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTg2rUx3xDM

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar...ory?id=4914019

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx4Vu-y1wQ4

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997_True_Value_500

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=funydo99Q5Y

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firestone_Firehawk_600

All this and worse has happened before in recent Automobile Racing history.

People should really get a grip.

This was, however, a very poor race. The pavement coming up, the shortened distance, the rain. Just not a good day for racing.... but let's not act like this is the worst thing ever.

Negative numbers! HA HA HA HA!
    Wanker!

First 45 were an 8, it was going to be a fun strategy race. If Viso didn't block most of the field it would have been a little better. ABC wasn't covering the passing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by uncommonsense52 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTg2rUx3xDM

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar...ory?id=4914019

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx4Vu-y1wQ4

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997_True_Value_500

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=funydo99Q5Y

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firestone_Firehawk_600

All this and worse has happened before in recent Automobile Racing history.

People should really get a grip.

This was, however, a very poor race. The pavement coming up, the shortened distance, the rain. Just not a good day for racing.... but let's not act like this is the worst thing ever.
    My grip is just fine, thank you! I don't need to open your links to prove to me what I saw today!

Blog Entries
    Wow, it went only 45 laps?

Glad I turned it off when I heard Viso's crew telling him to take it easy because everybody was trying to make it a two-stop race.

These races are bad enough as it is, but then to hear that everybody is going to back off for fuel strategy -- that clinched it for me.

I abstain from voting too.
    Proud member of the Spring 2014 Circle City Athletics Adult Co-Ed Indoor Intermediate 6-Man Championship Volleyball Team

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Butler View Post
    Wow, it went only 45 laps?

Glad I turned it off when I heard Viso's crew telling him to take it easy because everybody was trying to make it a two-stop race.

These races are bad enough as it is, but then to hear that everybody is going to back off for fuel strategy -- that clinched it for me.

I abstain from voting too.
    Well, it actually went about 60 laps, but if you missed the last 15 consider yourself lucky.