1. The Colts are dead. Put a fork in them. Their problems are not all injury related. Their defensive system is severely flawed. Would they be in better shape with Mike Doss, Bob Sanders, Montae Reagor and Corey Simon in there? Absolutely (especially with a healthy Sanders, who is about the only physical player that defense has). But, they would still be below average (instead of 32nd in a bunch of categories). They are WAY too small to stop anyone. Ron Freakin' Dayne gets 150 yards against them? I think the Texans could have put a high school kid back there and gotten 100 yards against them. They can't tackle. They can't force turnovers. They can't play when they fall behind early. Average offenses can do whatever they want (run or pass) against them. They may sneak out of the first round of the playoffs (because they are at home). But, after that...... Peyton is going to have to score every time he has the ball. And, as good as he is, that ain't happening.
2. Maybe in this year's draft, instead of drafting WR's, TE's and DB's early in the draft, Polian might want to draft some D-lineman or LB's. Just a thought. (Unless, you like watching the Colts starting guys on defense that weren't even drafted or were castoffs from other teams). And no more 250 pound D-Lineman and 210 pound LB's. That ain't gonna work.
3. Speaking of dead, Tom Coughlin and Jim Mora will be at this time next week. Both have done HORRIBLE jobs this year and deserve to get the axe.
4. BTW, Jim Mora Sr. was right about Michael Vick (and he is far from the only one out there that thinks it). He is a coach-killer. The only chance Atlanta will ever have with Vick at QB is to put him in a shotgun offense that takes advantage of his athletic skills. If they don't do that (full-time), Atlanta has no chance with Vick as their QB. No chance.
5. Was Mike Shanahan still wrong? The kid QB from Santa Claus will be playing in the playoffs in 2 weeks. And, it won't be long until the kid is playing in the "Big Game".
6. Hey Merrill Hoge, you still think Vince Young will be a huge bust that shouldn't have been drafted in the first 4 rounds? I think "Hodgy" has taken a few too many shots to his cranium to continue on as a football "expert". Some of his beliefs are laughable.
7. The Giants traded Shawne Merriman, Philip Rivers and Nate Kaeding for Eli Manning. This might go down as the most one-sided trade in a long, long time. Eli has the look of a guy who would rather be sitting with his Mom and Dad in a suite watching Peyton play than playing QB in the NFL. Of course, he is the one that demanded to play in New York, so he gets no sympathy from me.
8. Who is the worse executive? Matt Millen or Isiah Thomas. Its a tough one, isn't it?
9. Steven Jackson has over 2000 all-purpose yards this year. With all the talk of LT, Jackson's year has gone largely unnoticed. He is a tremendous football player.
10. Can anyone actually admit they actually watched the Browns/Bucs showdown this week? Unless you had relatives playing in the game, why would anyone have watched this one? And, did they really need HD for this stinker? It didn't make either team any more watchable.